Details & Working Guide To Delete CNH ransomware
CNH ransomware is spotted by security researcher named 0x4143, who said this infectious object belongs to ransomware class and use to encrypt files on computer. It’s actually a basic rule for almost all ransomware identities under which the targeted computer’s data is encrypted and turned to be inaccessible without any prior notice. In case specific to CNH ransomware, this ransomware use to encrypt all files on computer using strong algorithm and append the files with .cnh file extension. Also, the malware use to create a text file based ransom note on computer which is named as READMe.txt and includes the scary ransom message demanding users to pay a specified ransom fee to get their encrypted files recovered or restored back. For detailed view of ransom note, check the details mentioned below:
If you want back your files write to: [email protected]
Your ID: –
As per the ransom note, it just include a very short message within it asking users that in case if victims want to restore access over all of their encrypted files, they should write an email to [email protected] Once the email is sent, they are supposed to sit back waiting for the criminal’s reply email in which various details like payment information, payment mode, and off-course some instructions will be included regarding usage of decryption key and tool. In most of the cases with other ransomware identities, the ransom note includes some warnings as well to prohibit users against tampering with encrypted files or trying to restore files using third party decryptor. Although, there are some free decryptors available for various ransomware versions, but specifically the CNH ransomware is not yet cracked, means there’s no free decryptor available at the moment.
So, it’s very unfortunate to mention that files once encrypted by CNH ransomware can’t be decrypted back without a valid decryption key and tool, and the real developers of this ransomware are the ones who own the same. But, according to security researchers, paying ransom fee to hackers still not guarantees that criminals will send the decryption tool. Ransomware identities are mostly created by criminals with intention to earn just cyber crime profit, after which they can leave the victims and their files intact. In such instances, the users will be thrashed with data loss as well as high potential data loss too, which is extremely unacceptable for any user. So, the experts suggest that users remain with only solution to restore their files using their own lately created backup. Also, it’s necessary to prevent CNH ransomware against encrypting more files, even the backups, for which its removal is necessary. For more information, keep reading the article further.
About how ransomware infects a computer?
Malware identities are mostly distributed through deceptive marketing tricks under which users are not informed initially, but once the interaction is somehow made, the system gets infected in no time. In case of ransomware, also such kind of deceptive marketing tricks are used that includes distribution of trojans, unreliable applications, software activation tools, fake software updates, malspam campaigns, and so on. Under email spam campaigns, usually a link or attachment file is circulated in disguised form. Looking through the same, such emails look like one sent from a reliable organization and attachment seem like a letter, invoice, payment receipt etc. once such files are downloaded and executd on computer, the embedded trojan runs in background to connect to remote server and downloads ransomware files without any prior notice.
Means, the users should be cautious while connected to web or while dealing with any email spam campaigns. However, to deal with a computer which already got infected by entities like CNH ransomware, a user should probably need to remove CNH ransomware at first and restore their files using backups or other data recovery solutions. For more information, check the guidelines section under this article.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘CNH ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like CNH ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Soution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for CNH ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
CNH ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove CNH ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove CNH ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with CNH ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to CNH ransomware from machine.
Remove CNH ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of CNH ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by CNH ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by CNH ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like CNH ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by CNH ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about CNH ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by CNH ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like CNH ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by CNH ransomware.
“ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by CNH ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files