Simple process to delete ConverterSearchPlus
ConverterSearchPlus is a browser hijacker that intrudes inside computer without user’s permission. Its aim is to promote a fake search engine by making changes to the browser settings. These browser hijackers primarily target popular browsers including Google chrome, Edge, IE, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Safari and many others. Following to successful infiltration, it conducts lots of annoying changes to the browser settings and assigns the addresses of fake web searchers on the default homepage, search engine and new tab URLs.
Once this browser hijacker gets installed, users get redirected to the said domain when they open new browser windows or typed any search queries into the URL bar. convertersearchplus.com is a fake search engine. It generates results by redirecting users to search.yahoo.com which is legit search engine from Yahoo web browser. This shows that presence of aforementioned domains as the main search engine of the default browser is worthless. Due to these, users are unable to restore to the previous browser settings until they uninstall the software affecting it.
Another reason why to perform ConverterSearchPlus removal is its data tracking ability. It can gather the data such as IP addresses, search queries, URLs visited and other similar details. This data are shared with or sold to third parties with an intention to make profit. Therefore, data tracking apps on system can results into system infections, severe privacy issues, monetary losses and even identity exposure. So, users are instructed to remove all suspicious applications and browser extensions immediately from the browsers/operating system.
Intrusion methods of ConverterSearchPlus:
ConverterSearchPlus has its official websites where it is supposedly promoted as useful application from which they can be downloaded and installed. However, developers behind this use deceptive marketing method called bundling to distribute PUAs. It is the method that is used to trick user into downloading and installing third party rogue software. Often users download freeware programs with careless and skip custom or advanced options of installation processes. This bad behavior causes the installation of unreliable programs. PUAs also get spread through deceptive adverts. upon clicked, those ads redirect you to untrustworthy websites or cause installation of such applications by executing malicious scripts.
How to prevent intruding unwanted apps?
It is recommended to research software before downloading/installing it. Only official and trustworthy channels should be used for the installation of any program. Other untrustworthy channels like third party downloader, unofficial pages, free file hosting sites, peer to peer networks and other similar tools should be avoided as it can be used to distribute malware. Furthermore, adverts that appear on questionable pages can open various untrustworthy websites or cause unwanted download and installations of unwanted programs. For these reason, you are advised not to click on such intrusive adverts. Moreover, if your PC is already infected with ConverterSearchPlus then we recommend you to use some reliable antivirus tool that can eliminate this browser hijacker automatically.
Type: Browser hijacker, Search hijacker, Redirect
Infiltration: spam email attachments, updating system software, downloading unwanted programs, harmful websites, suspicious links and many more.
Symptoms: modifying web browser settings like default search engine, homepage and new tab URL. After that users are encouraged to visit hijacker’s websites in order to search any query by using their search engines.
Damage: display lots of unwanted and annoying advertisements, redirect to unreliable websites, loss of private information, internet browser tracking (possibly privacy issues).
Removal process: To remove ConverterSearchPlus and all programs of this type, users are recommended to use powerful anti-malware tool.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘ConverterSearchPlus‘ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like ConverterSearchPlus as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
Recommended Methods for ConverterSearchPlus removal from computer
ConverterSearchPlus is very dangerous threats designed to injects malicious codes in each location of your computer and damage your computer in very quick time. So, it is important to detect all components related to this virus and attempt to delete as soon as possible. Here, we are discussing about manual and automatic method of malware removal that could help you to remove adware, PUA, PUP, Trojan, worms or other harmful viruses from System.
We will talk about “Automatic Method” further in this article. This process is only about manual method which allows you to detect/delete all the malicious extensions or add-ons installed on your browser. The solution here will help you eliminate unwanted programs or applications from PCs, and remove ConverterSearchPlus related programs from System registry and so on.
You should read the manual guide carefully and follow each step one-by-one mentioned here. In case if you miss any step or jump to the next one by escaping, it might cause several other System problems. In other word, we can say that there is need of technical knowledge or enough computer knowledge to follow the manual steps. Let’s try to know the location of ConverterSearchPlus and other associated files in your computer, and remove all the components from System completely using manual method.
Remove ConverterSearchPlus and related component from Windows PCs manually
For Windows 10 users:
- Open “Setting” App by pressing “Windows + I” key together from keyboard
- Go to “Apps > Apps and Features”
- Locate ConverterSearchPlus related programs or other malicious applications in the list
- Click on malicious program and click on “Uninstall”.
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the program completely. Once done, please check if ConverterSearchPlus related files or program is removed.
For Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 users:
- Click on “Windows + R” key from keyboard to open “Run Dialog Box”
- Type “Control Panel” in “Run Dialog Box” and hit “Enter” key
- In the opened Control Panel, select “Programs and Features”
- Now, locate all the malicious programs related of ConverterSearchPlus in the list
- Click on it and then click on “Uninstall” button
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the malicious program.
For Windows 7 users:
- Click on “Start” button and type “Control Panel” in Windows Search
- In the opened Control Panel, go to “Uninstall a Program” option
- Now, find all the malicious programs in the list
- Select it and click on “Uninstall” button.
- Wait for the completion. Once done, please check if ConverterSearchPlus related programs is removed.
For Windows XP users:
- Click on “Start” button and click on “Control Panel”
- In the opened Control Panel, Go to “Add or Remove Program” option
- Locate ConverterSearchPlus and other malicious programs in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” to remove it from PCs
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to finish the uninstall process.
Remove ConverterSearchPlus from “Windows Registry Editor”
- Press “Windows + R” key together from keyboard to open “Run Dialog Box”
- In the opened “Run Dialog Box”, type ”regedit” and hit “Enter” key to open “Windows Registry Editor” App
- In the opened “Registry Editor” Window, search for registry entries created by ConverterSearchPlus and delete it permanently. Navigate the following location give below and delete ConverterSearchPlus from here
“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run” “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run” “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce” “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce”
- Once done, close “Registry Editor” window and please check if ConverterSearchPlus related files is removed.
Delete ConverterSearchPlus and related components from Mac OS X manually
Stop ConverterSearchPlus related malicious programs from “Activity Monitor”
- Go to “Go > Utilities” to open “Utilities” Folder
- Navigate the “Activity Monitor” icon in the list and double-click on it to open
- Find all the malicious process related to ConverterSearchPlus and click on “cross button” on upper left corner to end the task
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Fore Quit” option. Once done, please check if ConverterSearchPlus related files is removed.
Remove ConverterSearchPlus from “Applications” folder
- Go to “Go > Applications” to open “Applications” folder
- Now, locate ConverterSearchPlus related programs in the applications folder
- Right click on malicious one and click on “Move To Trash” button
Remove ConverterSearchPlus from “LaunchAgents” folder
- Navigate to “Go > Go to Folder” and type “/Library/LaunchAgents” and then hit “Go” button
- Now, find all entry related to ConverterSearchPlus from “LaunchAgents” folder.
- Click on it and the drag it to “Trash” Folder
Remove ConverterSearchPlus related programs from “Application Support” folder
- Navigate “Go > Go to Folder”
- Type “/Library/Application Support” in “Go To Folder” and hit “Go” button
- Now, search for ConverterSearchPlus related infection in “Application Support” folder
- Select it and drag it to “Trash” folder
Uninstall malicious programs related to ConverterSearchPlus from “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Press “COMMAND + SHIFT + G” button together to open “Go to Folder”
- In the opened “Go To Folder”, type “/Library/LaunchDaemons” and click on “Go” button
- Now, locate ConverterSearchPlus related entry in “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Select the malicious one and move it to “Trash” Folder
Remove all extensions, add-ons or plug-ins related to ConverterSearchPlus from web browsers
Remove malicious extensions from Google Chrome
- Open “Google Chrome” browser and click on “Chrome Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “More Tools > Extensions” option
- Now, locate the malicious extensions associated with ConverterSearchPlus in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Trash” icon
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Remove” button. Once done, please check if ConverterSearchPlus related extensions is removed.
Reset Google Chrome:
- Open “Google Chrome” browser and click on “Gear icon” or “Chrome Menu”
- Select “Settings” and scroll down to bottom of screen and click on “Advanced” link
- Click on “Reset” button and to confirm reset the Google Chrome Settings, click on “Reset” button on confirmation dialog box.
Delete malicious extensions from Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” browser and click on “Firefox Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “Add-ons > Extensions”
- Now, find recently installed malicious add-ons or extensions related to ConverterSearchPlus in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button to remove it completely
Reset Mozilla Firefox:
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” browser and click on “Firefox Menu”
- Go to “Help > Troubleshooting Information”
- In the opened window, click on “Refresh Firefox” button
- After that, click “Refresh Firefox” button on confirmation dialog box and reset the Firefox settings
Remove all the extensions or plug-ins related to ConverterSearchPlus from Internet Explorer
- Open “Internet Explorer” browser and click on “Gear icon” at the top right corner of Internet Explorer browser
- Go to “Manage add-ons > Toolbars and Extensions”
- Now, find ConverterSearchPlus related extensions in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Disable” button to remove it permanently
Reset Internet Explorer:
- Open “Internet Explorer” browser and click on “Gear icon” or “Tool Menu”
- Click on “Internet Options” and select “Advanced” tab
- Now, click on “Reset” button
- In the confirmation dialog box, mark the “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on “Reset” button again
Uninstall ConverterSearchPlus related plug-ins from Microsoft Edge
- Open “Microsoft Edge” browser and click on “Edge Gear” icon at the top right corner
- Select “Extensions” and search for recently installed plug-ins or extensions in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button
Reset Microsoft Edge:
- Open “Microsoft Edge” browser and click on “Edge Menu”
- Select “Settings” and click on “Reset Settings” button to rest the Microsoft Edge Settings
Remove ConverterSearchPlus related extensions or add-ons from Safari browser
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Go to “Preferences > Extensions”
- Now, locate ConverterSearchPlus related extensions in the list
- Select it and click on “Uninstall” to remove it completely
Reset Safari browser:
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Select “Clear History and Website Data…..”
- In the opened window, choose “All History” option and click on “Clear History” button
Automatic method of ConverterSearchPlus removal
The procedures mentioned above is all about manual method of ConverterSearchPlus removal means you can remove any malicious applications, add-ins or extensions, malicious registry entries from computer and browser. But these processes are time consuming and needs lots of technical knowledge to implement. So, you can go for automatic method of malware removal. This procedure will be helpful for both technical & non-technical users and they could remove all types of infection from their Windows OS and Mac OS X computer in very quick time. Let’s go for automatic method.
Automatic method: Remove ConverterSearchPlus and related components from Windows PCs
Here, we suggest you to download/install and use “SpyHunter” anti-malware software on your Windows OS based devices. This security tool will help you to delete all the components related of ConverterSearchPlus from your machine in few minutes. However, both technical and non-technical users can easily use this application and remove unwanted programs from their PCs.
“SpyHunter” security application is designed to detect and delete all types of malware including adware, potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), PUAs, rootkits, browser hijackers, Trojan horse virus, backdoor virus, worms, keyloggers and other types of malware.
“SpyHunter” anti-malware is powerful security tool that works on advance scanning mechanism to identify viruses quickly. It is in-built with enhanced multi-layer process that helps you to search for all types of malware. This security application is capable of detecting and removing all kinks of malware or viruses from machine.
This security application features user friendly interface and 24 * 7 Customer Support, HelpDesk customer support service, and the support team delivers custom malware fixes with help of HelpDesk feature.
How to download/install and use “SpyHunter” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button given below to go to “SpyHunter” page and download the “SpyHunter” software
- Once downloaded, double-click on “Installer” file to install the program on your machine
- Follow On-Screen instructions to install “SpyHunter”.
- Once done, open “SpyHunter” and click on “Start Scan Now” button to start scanning process. For the first time, you should select “Full Scan” option
- Now, click on “View Scan Results” to see the list of detected threats or infections
- After that, click on “Next” button to registry the software and remove permanently if you find ConverterSearchPlus related infections.
Automatic Method: Remove ConverterSearchPlus and all related components from Mac OS X
It is possible to remove ConverterSearchPlus related programs from Mac OS X based devices. We have already discussed about manual method of ConverterSearchPlus removal for Mac devices in the procedure above. Now comes to automatic method. We advise you to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software on Mac OS X devices.
“Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software is powerful security application that is designed to protect your Mac PC against ConverterSearchPlus related malware and also optimized overall PC performance as well. This anti-malware follows the best mechanism to find out the malicious files and throw way from targeted one. It provides you best and most effective solution in such situation. So, you can scan your PC using this powerful security application.
How to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button to download “Combo Cleaner” on your Mac
- Once downloaded, drag the “Installer” file to “Applications” folder to install the program
- Once installed, open the “Combo Cleaner” application and go to “Antivirus Tab”
- Select “Scan Mode” and click on “Start Scan”
- All the hidden threats will appear on the screen. Now, click on “Remove All Threats” button