Simple process to delete CoronaCrypt0r ransomware from PC
CoronaCrypt0r ransomware is ransomware type of malware that encrypts stored files including video, music, databases, photos and documents with strong encryption algorithm and denies user to them. During the encryption, it changes the filenames of encrypted files with “.Lock” extension and demands $20 BTC payments in exchange for their decryption. To provide ransom demanding instruction, this ransomware displays ransom note in a pop-up window and put a copy of them all in each folder containing infected files.
Detailed information about CoronaCrypt0r ransomware
All the created files contain identical message. According to the context, all important files are encrypted with unique key which is stored on remote server which is only accessed to hackers behind it. In order to get such key, users are instructed to contact cyber criminals through [email protected] email address. Furthermore, this ransomware was discovered by MalwareHunterTeam. Users are instructed to pay money within one hour after ransomware attack otherwise all files will be permanently deleted.
The crooks behind CoronaCrypt0r ransomware should not be trusted. These people will never provide you decryption software even if the payment is done. If you will pay, you will be scammed. Thus, ignore the request of submitting payment and contacting to the provided email address. The safe way is to remove CoronaCrypt0r ransomware as soon as possible using anti-malware removal tool. The other option is to use data recovery tool or software.
Text presented in CoronaCrypt0r ransomware’s pop-up window:
Hello i am CoronaCrypt0r i have infected your computer and i have encrypted all your impotertant!
To get them back you need to pay 20 $ in bitcoin to the following address: 13am4vw2dhxygxeqepohkhsquy6ngaeb94 and contact us [email protected]
If you don’t pay in 1 hour you won’t be able to recover files forever
How did ransomware infect computer?
Most common ransomware distribution technique is spam email attachments with infectious document filled with macros that needed to get enabled by users for the finalization of the infection. Despite this, some other methods for delivering of this dubious malware are pirated software, shady forums, torrent sites, fake software update and many others. Thus, users need to be cautious while browsing internet as well as downloading and installing any software. It is recommended to use only official websites and direct links for any software download. Opening emails whose sender’s addresses seem suspicious should not be done. Avoid clicking attachment provided on them.
Remove CoronaCrypt0r ransomware
Complete removal instructions of this ransomware have been described below in step by step manner. Follow it so that you will not find any trouble while performing virus removal process. Thus, to protect your device from further malware attack, you are advised to remove CoronaCrypt0r ransomware and all infiltrated ransomware soon from the system.
Name: CoronaCrypt0r ransomware
Extension used: .Locked
Ransom demanding message: pop-up window on a locked screen
Type: Cryptovirus, Ransomware, Files-locker
Ransom amount: $20 in Bitcoin
Description: The ransomware encrypts files on your computer system and demands a ransom to be paid to allegedly recover them.
Cyber criminal contact: [email protected]
Distribution: infected email attachments, bundles of free software programs, harmful hyperlinks, suspicious websites, porn or torrent sites and many more.
Additional information: This ransomware locks victim’s computer screen.
Symptoms: The ransomware encrypt your files by appending .Lock extension and make it totally useless.
Removal: If your system has been infected by CoronaCrypt0r ransomware then we recommend running a scan with reliable anti-malware removal tool such as Spyhunter.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘CoronaCrypt0r ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like CoronaCrypt0r ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Solution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for CoronaCrypt0r ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
CoronaCrypt0r ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove CoronaCrypt0r ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove CoronaCrypt0r ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with CoronaCrypt0r ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to CoronaCrypt0r ransomware from machine.
Remove CoronaCrypt0r ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of CoronaCrypt0r ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by CoronaCrypt0r ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by CoronaCrypt0r ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like CoronaCrypt0r ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by CoronaCrypt0r ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about CoronaCrypt0r ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by CoronaCrypt0r ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like CoronaCrypt0r ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “Stellar Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by CoronaCrypt0r ransomware.
“Stellar Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by CoronaCrypt0r ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “Stellar Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “Stellar Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “Stellar Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “Stellar Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files