Immediate steps to delete Devoe ransomware
A data or file encrypting malware like Devoe ransomware is very dangerous. It locks the targeted files and makes it totally useless for the users. While performing encryption process, all affected files are appended with original filename, unique ID assigned to the victims, cyber criminals email address and “.Devoe” extensions. Thus, all encoded files will receive new extension. Unlike other ransomware, it displays pop-up window info.hta and text files info.txt. Further, this dubious malware belongs to Phobos ransomware family.
The created text file states that all victims’ files have been encrypted and in order to recover it users are highly suggested to contact cyber criminals via email. Users are also recommended to use secondary email address if they did not receive response from the cyber criminals within 24 hours. Additionally, it states that users need to pay money in form of Bitcoin cryptocurrency for the decryption. Before paying money, victims are offered test decryption by attaching up to 5 encrypted files to their emails.
Further, the note ends with warning which states that users should not rename encrypted files using third party recovery tools otherwise it may results into permanent data loss. Once payment is done, you will receive decryption key in return. As a threat, it forces you to pay the ransom money within 7 days of file encryption otherwise you will lose your data and files permanently. Due to all these reasons, you are strongly suggested to remove Devoe ransomware as soon as possible to avoid further encryptions.
Name: Devoe ransomware
Type: Ransomware, Cryptovirus, Files-locker
Extension: .Devoe (also appended with cyber criminals email address and unique ID)
Description: This malware encrypt your files by adding .dc extension to the end of file names and demands ransom money to provide you decryption key.
Ransom demanding message: info.hta and info.txt
Symptoms: The ransomware will encrypt your files by appending the .Devoe extension to them.
Ransom amount: not mentioned
Distribution methods: infected email attachments, malicious ads, torrent websites, bundles of free software programs and many more.
Damage: All files are locked and cannot be decrypted without paying money. Other additional malware infections get installed into your PC together with ransomware infections.
Removal: Both manual as well as automatic guide has been described below under this post.
Should victims trust on the cyber criminals?
It is never suggested to trust on the hackers who are behind Devoe ransomware as they are always ready to cheat you and misguide you. In most cases, even after complete payment is made, they don’t provide decryption tool or key. Paying money to the ransomware developers is the wastage of time as well as money both. It is true that you cannot access the encrypted files without the involvement of developers who have designed or created it. So, it is recommended to delete this dubious malware immediately from the computer.
How to restore files encrypted by Devoe ransomware?
If you have backup of some important files and placed it on different locations then recovery of locked files is simple and easy. But in most cases, it has been seen that most of the novice users don’t maintain a backup. In such situation, the immediate step should be to access the Volume Shadow Copies” (which is temporary backup files created by OS) are available or has been deleted. The highly sophisticated malware like Devoe ransomware is capable to delete that as well. The last option for you is to use strong data recovery tool.
Intrusion methods of Devoe ransomware:
The ransomware distributions are possible through spam campaigns. Spam campaigns are used to send thousands of deceptive emails during large scale operations. The letters present inside it are presented as important, urgent and similar. Further, the deceptive emails contain download links of malicious files or the files are simply attached to the letters. Those files can be various formats such as PDF documents, exe files, archive files and so on. Once opened or enabled, Devoe ransomware infections get installed into the computer.
Text presented in Devoe ransomware’s pop-up window:
All your files have been encrypted!
All your files have been encrypted due to a security problem with your PC. If you want to restore them, write us to the e-mail [email protected]
Write this ID in the title of your message –
In case of no answer in 24 hours write us to this e-mail:[email protected]
You have to pay for decryption in Bitcoins. The price depends on how fast you write to us. After payment we will send you the tool that will decrypt all your files.
Free decryption as guarantee
Before paying you can send us up to 5 files for free decryption. The total size of files must be less than 4Mb (non archived), and files should not contain valuable information. (databases,backups, large excel sheets, etc.)
How to obtain Bitcoins
The easiest way to buy bitcoins is LocalBitcoins site. You have to register, click ‘Buy bitcoins’, and select the seller by payment method and price.
Also you can find other places to buy Bitcoins and beginners guide here:
Do not rename encrypted files.
Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss.
Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price (they add their fee to our) or you can become a victim of a scam.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘Devoe ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Devoe ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Solution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for Devoe ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
Devoe ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove Devoe ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove Devoe ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with Devoe ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to Devoe ransomware from machine.
Remove Devoe ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of Devoe ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by Devoe ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by Devoe ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like Devoe ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by Devoe ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about Devoe ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by Devoe ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like Devoe ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “Stellar Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by Devoe ransomware.
“Stellar Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by Devoe ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “Stellar Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “Stellar Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “Stellar Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “Stellar Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files