How to delete ELDAOSLA ransomware
ELDAOSLA ransomware is a part of Phobos ransomware family. It encrypts the stored files on the computer and appends .ELDAOSLA extension to their filenames. Immediately after that, the files become locked and victims are asked to use some unique decryption tool in order to access them. Just after that, the ransomware generates “info.txt” text file and displays a pop-up window to inform the users after the ransomware attack. The text file often instructs them to contact developers to get the decryption tool.
The text file often known as ransom note since it contains ransom demanding message by the developers. According to it, victims have to purchase the decryption tool to decrypt the files. As a proof that ELDAOSLA ransomware have the right decryption tools they offer free decryption of up to 5 files that do not contain any valuable or personal information. The developers demand payment in Bitcoin or other currency and claim that once the payment is done they will provide the key.
Most of the times, victims who are suffering from ransomware attacks have only two options to recover the files. The first one is by using decryption tools that can be purchased from cyber criminals and secondly by restoring files from a backup. By going through the ransom note, it is highly advised not to go through the first method because in most cases, users who pay money to the cyber criminals often get scammed. Simply said, they do not receive any decryption tools.
Text presented in ELDAOSLA ransomware’s pop-up window (“info.hta”):
Unfortunately for you, a major IT security weakness left you open to attack, your files have been encrypted with ciphers more advanced than those used for diplomatic communications, you can spend days and months searching for a magical way to decrypt your files, but rest assured we are the only people who can help you recover your files, there is no free tool
If you want to restore them, install ICQ software on your PC hxxps://icq.com/windows/ or on your mobile phone search in Appstore / Google market “ICQ”
Write to our ICQ @KONSKAPISA hxxps://icq.im/KONSKAPISA
Write this ID in the title of your message –
Free decryption as guarantee
Before paying you can send us up to 5 files for free decryption. The total size of files must be less than 4Mb (non archived), and files should not contain valuable information. (databases,backups, large excel sheets, etc.)
Do not rename encrypted files.
Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss.
Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price (they add their fee to our) or you can become a victim of a scam.
What you should do now?
You must avoid paying the ransom fee to the cyber hackers in any worst conditions. Instead of this, use some alternate options. Remember that this nasty threat already deletes internal backup, volume shadow copies etc of the system. Unfortunately, there is no any free decryption tool available at this time which decrypts the encrypted files of the ransomware. Thus, you have to rely on any external backup for the data recovery. Before using backup, users are advised to remove ELDAOSLA ransomware in order to prevent installed ransomware from encrypting files that is not encrypted yet.
Intrusion tactics of ELDAOSLA ransomware:
If already installed, cause chain infection which means download and install additional malware. Untrustworthy software download channels are often used as tools to proliferate malicious programs through malicious files. To deceive victims into opening those files, they disguise them as legitimate. Fake software updating tools can be used to distribute malware too. If used, those tools infect PC by installing malicious software instead of any updates or by exploiting bugs of software that is out of date.
Remove ELDAOSLA ransomware
Downloading some reputable antivirus tool and using it to remove ELDAOSLA ransomware is the easiest way to perform the removal process. However, if you want to delete the threat by hand, then follow the manual instructions provided below. Go through it so that you will not find any trouble when performing the removal process.
Name: ELDAOSLA ransomware
Type: Ransomware, Crypto Virus, Files locker
Encrypted Files Extension: .ELDAOSLA
Ransom Demanding Message: pop-up window (info.hta), info.txt
Cyber Criminal Contact: ICQ username KONSKAPISA
Symptoms: The ransomware will encrypt your files by appending the .ELDAOSLA extension to them along with unique identification number.
Distribution methods: spam emails and Email attachments, malicious ads, torrent file downloads, suspicious links, bundles of free software programs and so on.
Damage: loss of personal and sensitive information. Other additional malware infections intrusion occurred along with the ransomware.
Removal: In order to remove ELDAOSLA ransomware, we advised you to use reliable antivirus removal tool. After finishing removal process, you can restore your files using backup or other data recovery tool.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘ELDAOSLA ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like ELDAOSLA ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Soution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for ELDAOSLA ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
ELDAOSLA ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove ELDAOSLA ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove ELDAOSLA ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with ELDAOSLA ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to ELDAOSLA ransomware from machine.
Remove ELDAOSLA ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of ELDAOSLA ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by ELDAOSLA ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by ELDAOSLA ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like ELDAOSLA ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by ELDAOSLA ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about ELDAOSLA ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by ELDAOSLA ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like ELDAOSLA ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by ELDAOSLA ransomware.
“ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by ELDAOSLA ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files