Easy methods to delete Elvis ransomware [Data Recovery Solution]
Elvis ransomware is very perilous data encrypting malware that locks the targeted files and demand ransom money from the victims to provide a decryption key. After that, it adds victims ID, the developers email address and appends “.Elvis” extension to the filenames that are encrypted by it. After successfully completing locking process, it displays a pop-up window and creates text file named “FILES ENCRYPTED.txt” and dropped it on victims desktop.
Although, this ransomware is a part of Dharma ransomware family. According to the provided ransom note, the victims have 24 hours to make the ransom payment and access their files. You will threaten to use any third party software to rename the encrypted files as it might cause permanent data loss. It also provides an email ID which could be used to make communication with the cyber criminals.
The cost of key is $100 in Bitcoin. Users are asked to pay money as soon as possible otherwise the price of decryption tool will be doubled. It is not the right choice to trust any hackers because their main aim is to cheat innocent users. After wasting your time and money you will not reach the final solution and your data are still inaccessible. So, we suggest you to remove Elvis ransomware soon from the computer.
All these illegal activities are done by cyber crooks. It is capable to assist the other harmful threats and viruses to get inside in order to hack you’re banking accounts and other crucial information. The main motive is to collect information like credit card numbers, banking details, user name, browsing online and many more details and share it to the third parties (potentially cyber criminals) for illegal purposes.
Text presented in the pop-up window:
YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED
Don’t worry,you can return all your files!
If you want to restore them, follow this link:email [email protected] YOUR ID –
If you have not been answered via the link within 12 hours, write to us by e-mail:[email protected]
Do not rename encrypted files.
Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss.
Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price (they add their fee to our) or you can become a victim of a scam.
How to recover the locked files?
There are three possible ways to recover your important encrypted files. They are:
- Pay the ransom money to the cyber criminals. This step is not recommended because they do not provide the original decryption key in most cases. This turns out to be scam and cheat.
- Use backup files created in some external storage device. This is only possible if you had created the backup files earlier.
- Use a third party data recovery tool.
The recovery of locked files can only be done when Elvis ransomware is removed from the system. You may know that if this malware stay in your PC for long time then it will continue encrypting your files and data unless it is completely removed.
Distribution of Elvis ransomware:
Cyber criminal have a lot of option and ways to infiltrate Elvis ransomware in the targeted PC. The most common among them is email spam campaigns. Such emails are presented as if they contain some important attachment related to invoice, tax receipt etc. As soon as users open the attachment, malicious software gets downloaded and installed. Typically, a cyber criminal tries to trick recipients into opening such malicious files. Despite this, fake software updates, visiting unsafe websites, unsafe peer to peer file sharing networks etc also leads to malware attack.
Removal methods of Elvis ransomware:
Download all software programs using direct links and official websites. Never use any third party downloader and installer. It is possible that these sources can be used to distribute rogue apps that might cause other problems. Always update the installed software (if required) using tools or functions provided by the official software developers. Every time you must enable antivirus to install any programs. Hence, if your system is infected with Elvis ransomware then we recommend you to scan with Spyhunter automatically to eliminate this ransomware. More details about the removal process of this Cryptovirus have been described below.
Name: Elvis ransomware
Type: Ransomware, Crypto-virus
Encrypted file extensions: .Elvis
Ransom note: pop-up window, FILES ENCRYPTED.txt
Symptoms: A different extension is added in the personal files. A ransom note demanding money appears on the screen when you try to access any of the files.
Distribution methods: spam email campaigns, peer to peer file sharing, infectious attachments and bundled free third party programs.
Damage: leads to data loss. Secretly adds other severe malware infection in the backdoor including password stealing Trojan, spyware and so on.
Removal and Recovery: To recover files victims must need to scan the PC with anti-malware tool which delete all your files and remove infection. After that, they can recover their files from volume shadow copies if available, backup or third party data recovery software.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘Elvis ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Elvis ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Soution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for Elvis ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
Elvis ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove Elvis ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove Elvis ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with Elvis ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to Elvis ransomware from machine.
Remove Elvis ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of Elvis ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by Elvis ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by Elvis ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like Elvis ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by Elvis ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about Elvis ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by Elvis ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like Elvis ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by Elvis ransomware.
“ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by Elvis ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files