Quick Measures To Delete Epsilon ransomware
Epsilon ransomware is a new detection as malware which is spotted by GrujaRS for the first. Technically, this threat is classified to be a ransomware which is designed to encrypt data on targeted computers and demand the users to remit a specified ransom payment to its developers. Being more precise to its working, the malware use to append encrypted files and change its extension that includes a format including an email address and offcourse a new extension called .boom. The included email address is actually the email ID on which the victims are asked to contact the criminals. Means, if a system gets infected, all of its files will be inaccessible, and if the files are attempted to get accessed, it throws a ransom note on screen with name READ_ME.hta, that includes following message:
E P S I L O N
As you can see, all your files got encrypted. Thats why your files are no longer readable.
If you want them back, please contact us at our email below.
You can send us a couple of files and we will return the restored ones to prove that only we can do it.
You can get more information about encryption on Wikipedia. (RSA, AES, RC4)
Please, provide your id below in the subject of your mail.-
If you have already submited your payement, you will receive your private key and another decryption key with the special decryption software
1. The infection was due to vulnerabilities in your software.
2. Our goal is to return your data, but if you don’t contact us, we will not succeed.
1. If you want to make sure that it is impossible to recover files using third-party software, do this not on all files, otherwise you may lose all data.
2. Only communication through our email can guarantee file recover for you. We are not responsible for the actions of third parties who promise to help you – most often they are scammers.
3. Please, do not try to rename encrypted files.
The above mentioned ransom note content is presented to users in form of a pop up window that explains that alll files on computer has been encrypted and can be restored only by using decryption tool and key offered by its developers. To purchase the same, the victims are urged to establish communication with criminals through provided email details. The subject/title of the email must include a unique assigned ID to users. With the help of that ID, it claims that the developers would be able to identify users and their unique decryption key.
In addition to above mentioned details, the ransom note also includes some warnings for users under which renaming or tampering with encrypted files is prohibited. If a user attempts to do so, they may end up losing their data permanently, even the decryption key on remote server will be deleted permanently. Also, the users are warned against using third party recovery tool as it will not help them at all to restore or recover the files back. Even there’s no free decryption tool available for this ransomware at the moment, so, the victims have no such options to try out. Means, according to ransom note, victims just have to pay the ransom fee, if they intend to get access back over their files.
Expert’s view regarding to pay ransom fee
As per the researchers, the victims who got their files encrypted by Epsilon ransomware are highly suggested to consider not to pay ransom fee to criminals. Doing so just increases their risk of being scammed as none of the reports yet cleared that file recovery is achieved even after remitting the ransom payment. Since the ransomware is not yet cracked, unfortunately there’s no free decryption tool with the help of which encrypted files can be restored or recovered free of cost. Means, the getting thrashed with the situation of having ransomware on computer is really terrible and should be tackled with proper guidelines. If not, the victims will lose their files as well as their money to criminals.
Malspam and other social engineering tricks to distribute ransomware
As noticed in most of the cases, the ransomware and other malware kinds are often distributed through unreliable download channels, and various spread contents by criminals. They make user of Software Bundling and many other tricks to bind malicious code and spread them over web for being widely downloaded. In case specific to Epsilon ransomware, the malware is distributed through malspam campaigns, under which an attachment or link is distributed over web for being interacted. The mail content is presented to users in such a manner that it appears mandatory to open and view the attachment or click the link. However, doing so downloads a payload that runs in background to install Epsilon ransomware and run its modules.
For detailed information regarding detection and removal of Epsilon ransomware along with all its associated files completely, it’s suggested to follow a set of instructions. Once the ransomware is removed, the victims can try out some possible methods to restore their files, specially by using a backup stored on other external drive or through alternatives described under this article.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘Epsilon ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Epsilon ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Soution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for Epsilon ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
Epsilon ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove Epsilon ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove Epsilon ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with Epsilon ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to Epsilon ransomware from machine.
Remove Epsilon ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of Epsilon ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by Epsilon ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by Epsilon ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like Epsilon ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by Epsilon ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about Epsilon ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by Epsilon ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like Epsilon ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by Epsilon ransomware.
“ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by Epsilon ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files