Proper guide to delete FIXI ransomware
FIXI ransomware is described as malicious software that infects computer operating system without having user’s permission and then corrupt personal files stored on the drives. The infection is reported to be strain ransomware family and its discovery was credited by xiaopao. This malware is designed to encrypt victim’s files, rename every encrypted file by its own extension and creates ransom note “HOW TO DECRYPT FILES.TXT” in text file format and dropped it in all folders that contain encrypted files.
More about FIXI ransomware
After that it renames all files by using string of random characters and appending “.FIXI” extension to them. The created text file contains instructions on how to contact cyber criminals and other related information. Further, victims are also informed that they have to send assigned ID on the provided email address and wait for further instructions. Users are also instructed to contact cyber criminals within 72 hours after encryption otherwise the decryption key stored on a remote server will permanently deleted. Additionally, users are also offered for free decryption of 3 encrypted files.
However, the file send to them should not contain any valuable information as well as total size of file is less than 10MB. Typically, the ransomware encrypts the file with powerful encryption algorithm and its developers are the only ones who have the right decryption key or software. Paying this ransom to hackers is highly inadvisable as there is no guarantee that they will act as they promise. Most of the victims who trust them often get scammed. Thus, in such case, you must delete FIXI ransomware infection soon from the computer to prevent installed ransomware from further encrypting files.
Name: FIXI ransomware
Type: Ransomware, File-lockers, File locking virus
Encrypted Files Extension: .FIXI
Ransom Demanding Message: HOW TO DECRYPT FILES.TXT
Short Description: A data locker ransomware that encodes valuable files with sophisticated cipher algorithm and demands a ransom fee for their decryption.
Symptoms: Important files are locked and renamed with .FIXI extension. Hackers attempt to blackmail you into paying a ransom for a decryption tool.
Distribution methods: Infected email attachments (macros), porn websites, malicious ads, freeware and shareware programs, torrent file download and many other methods.
Additional information: It is designed to disable Task Manager
Damage: All files are encrypted and cannot be opened without paying a ransom. Additional password-stealing Trojans and malware infections can be installed together with a ransomware infection.
Removal: In order to remove FIXI ransomware, you are recommended to follow given below removal instructions.
Steps to recover files from FIXI ransomware?
In order to retrieve all encrypted files, users are informed to follow given below steps:
- First of all you should not pay money to the hackers at any cost.
- Secondly, you must delete FIXI ransomware as soon as possible from the PC.
- To do so, you must use reputable antivirus program like Spyhunter.
- Finally, recover your files from data backup or other data recovery tool.
Ways to spread FIXI ransomware:
FIXI ransomware gets installed into the PC via the spam email attachments which contain malicious files including PDF documents, exe file, archive file and so on. Such types of mail often send by the cyber criminal with the aim to opening them. Opening this malicious files cause the installation of virus. So, users are highly advised to ignore the attachments of spam mail which received through unknown address. Don’t open any file without deeply scanning them with antivirus software.
Text presented in pop-up window:
YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED!
Your personal ID
All your files have been encrypted due to a security problem with your PC.
To restore all your files, you need a decryption.
If you want to restore them, write us to the e-mail [email protected]
Or you can write us to the e-mail [email protected]
In a letter to send Your personal ID (see In the beginning of this document).
You have to pay for decryption in Bitcoins.
The price depends on how fast you write to us.
After payment we will send you the decryption tool that will decrypt all your files.
In the letter, you will receive instructions to decrypt your files!
In a response letter you will receive the address of Bitcoin-wallet, which is necessary to perform the transfer of funds.
HURRY! Your personal code for decryption stored with us only 72 HOURS!
Our tech support is available 24 \ 7
Do not delete: Your personal ID
Write on e-mail, we will help you!
Free decryption as guarantee
Before paying you can send to us up to 3 files for free decryption.
Please note that files must NOT contain valuable information and their total size must be less than 10Mb.
When the transfer is confirmed, you will receive interpreter files to your computer.
After start-interpreter program, all your files will be restored.
Do not rename encrypted files.
Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss.
Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price (they add their fee to our) or you can become a victim of a scam.
Do not attempt to remove the program or run the anti-virus tools
Attempts to self-decrypting files will result in the loss of your data
Decoders are not compatible with other users of your data, because each user’s unique encryption key
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘FIXI ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like FIXI ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Solution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for FIXI ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
FIXI ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove FIXI ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove FIXI ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with FIXI ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to FIXI ransomware from machine.
Remove FIXI ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of FIXI ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by FIXI ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by FIXI ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like FIXI ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by FIXI ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about FIXI ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by FIXI ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like FIXI ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “Stellar Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by FIXI ransomware.
“Stellar Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by FIXI ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “Stellar Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “Stellar Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “Stellar Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “Stellar Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files