Delete GiveMeTheKey Ransomware & Recover Encrypted Files
GiveMeTheKey Ransomware is dangerous ransomware threat that belongs to ransomware family. The researcher of this threat is xiaopao. This program is designed to encrypt files or to block victims to access their files stored on their PC and puts a ransom demand to them to allegedly files recovery. Their main aim is not to unlock your files rather than to cheat your money and used for illegal purposes. During the process of encryption, the ransomware appends specific extension to the end of every encrypted file.
What is GiveMeTheKey Ransomware- what does it do?
After this, several files are dropped into users desktop but among this one file titled “RANSOM_NOTE.txt” contain ransom demanding message. The text file generated by the ransomware states that the file has been locked and is inaccessible. In order to decrypt it, users need to purchase decryption key from the cyber criminals who are behind GiveMeTheKey Ransomware. Once contacted, users will know how much to pay and also receive further instructions. Despite this, you must know that the payment must be made in Bitcoin cryptocurrency.
Users are also promised to get recovery keys once payment is done. The key user will receive will be in form of text file which have to be placed on the desktop and after that it start doing decryption process. Moreover, users are also warned not to modify encrypted files or try to decrypt them using third party software otherwise it might cause permanent data loss. However, these persons should not be trusted because paying money to them does not provide any positive results.
The victims who pay the fee will get scammed. So, to prevent GiveMeTheKey Ransomware from further encryptions, you are advised to remove it immediately from the operating system. Before going through removal process, you may know that removal will not restore already compromised files but avoid it from further encryptions. Use existing backup to restore the files if one has created earlier. The other option is to use data recovery tool.
Name: GiveMeTheKey Ransomware
Type: Ransomware, File-lockers
Encrypted file extension: No file extension, filenames remain unchanged
Ransom demanding message: RANSOM_NOTE.txt
Email ID: [email protected]
Description: Encrypt all your files and demand ransom to give decryption key.
Symptoms: You will not be able to access any files on your system. You will find Ransom note in each folder demanding money.
Distribution: bundles of free programs, spam emails, email attachments, porn or torrent sites, harmful links and other social engineering methods.
Damage: Leads to data loss. Secretly adds other severe malware infections in the backdoor including password stealing Trojans, spyware and so on.
Removal and recovery: Use Spyhunter to remove GiveMeTheKey Ransomware automatically. Once malware gets removed, recover your files using existing backup.
Intrusion tactics of GiveMeTheKey Ransomware:
The possible sources for ransomware intrusion are scam campaigns that are used to send spam email or files containing malicious attachments. Once opened, it might leads to ransomware infections. Despite this, this malware can also get spread through untrustworthy software download channels like p2p networks, freeware downloader, free file hosting sites etc, Trojans, fake software updater, software bundling, porn or torrent sites and by using various other tricks.
How to prevent system from ransomware infections?
Use official websites and direct links for any software download. Aforementioned untrustworthy and unofficial websites should not be trusted. It is important to avoid clicking on the attachments provided on any emails, if the senders address look suspicious. Cracking tools are illegal to use and often cause computer infection. Update software using official developers provided tools and implemented functions. Moreover, use some antivirus suite that check for installed apps bugs/flaws time to time gives update by fixing them and thereby prevents the PCs from big issues.
Remove GiveMeTheKey Ransomware
If your computer is already infected with GiveMeTheKey Ransomware then we recommend you running a scan with reliable antivirus removal tool such as Spyhunter that has the ability to eliminate infiltrated ransomware automatically from the PC. Here given below are some more removal process that will help you while performing virus removal process.
Text presented in GiveMeTheKey’s ransom-demanding message:
The harddisks of your computer have been encrypted with an Military grade encryption algorithm.
There is no way to restore your data without a special key.
Only we can decrypt your files!
To purchase your key and restore your data, please follow these three easy steps:
machine ID: –
1. Email the file called EMAIL_ME at YOUR DESKTOP “-” to [email protected]
- You will recieve your personal BTC address and amount for payment.
Once payment has been completed, send another email to [email protected] stating “PAID”.
We will check to see if payment is OK.
- You will receive a text file with your KEY that will unlock all your files.
IMPORTANT: To decrypt your files, place text file on desktop and wait. Shortly after it will begin to decrypt all files.
Do NOT attempt to decrypt your files with any software as it is obselete and will not work, and may cost you more to unlcok your files.
Do NOT change file names, mess with the files, or run deccryption software as it will cost you more to unlock your files-
-and there is a high chance you will lose your files forever.
Do NOT send “PAID” button without paying, price WILL go up for disobedience.
Do NOT think that we wont delete your files altogether and throw away the key if you refuse to pay. WE WILL.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘GiveMeTheKey Ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like GiveMeTheKey Ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Solution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for GiveMeTheKey Ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
GiveMeTheKey Ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove GiveMeTheKey Ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove GiveMeTheKey Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with GiveMeTheKey Ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to GiveMeTheKey Ransomware from machine.
Remove GiveMeTheKey Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of GiveMeTheKey Ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by GiveMeTheKey Ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by GiveMeTheKey Ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like GiveMeTheKey Ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by GiveMeTheKey Ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about GiveMeTheKey Ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by GiveMeTheKey Ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like GiveMeTheKey Ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “Stellar Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by GiveMeTheKey Ransomware.
“Stellar Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by GiveMeTheKey Ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “Stellar Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “Stellar Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “Stellar Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “Stellar Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files