Tips To Delete Hard2decrypt ransomware
Hard2decrypt ransomware is another highly destructive computer virus which tends to silently infiltrate the Windows PCs, encrypt users’ essential files and then ask them to pay off for the decryption tool. It’s a new variant of WastedLocker ransomware and is able to infect almost all types of files including videos, audios, PDFs, documents, spreadsheets etc. This notorious crypto-threat uses a very powerful encryption algorithm to lock the targeted files and renames them by adding “.hard2decrypt” extension with each of them as suffix.
More About Hard2decrypt ransomware:
Once the encryption process is completed, Hard2decrypt ransomware displays ransom notes and informs victims about the unpleasant situation. These notes are named according to the names of the compromised data. For instance, if an infected file’s folder name is 1.jg.hard2decrypt”, then its ransom note is named “1.jpg.hard2decrypt_readme”. Ransom notes contain multiple email addresses in order to contact the criminals and get further details. At the end, victims may have to pay the attackers a huge amount of ransom in order to get the decryption software or open the locked files.
Should You Pay The Ransom?
Whatever the situation might be, you should never consider paying the demanded fee to the hackers. Reason behind that is clear. They are cyber criminals and these people should not be trusted. There are various occasions when hackers just disappeared once the ransom is paid and caused victims to lose both files as well as money. In addition, paying ransom to such hackers will only encourage them to create and spread more such viruses for further income. So, never deal with the crooks and focus on Hard2decrypt ransomware removal from the work-station immediately.
How To Recover The Locked Data?
As far as restoring the infected files is concerned, you should use other options such as Shadow Volume Copies (temporary backup made by OS itself). However, Ransomware programs have tendency to delete the Shadow Volumes. If this is the case here, then you should use backups made on any external drive. In case you don’t even have a proper backup, then you can try an effective file-recovery application. You can download an appropriate and powerful recovery tool right here via the link given under this case.
Name: Hard2decrypt ransomware
Type: Ransomware, Crypto-virus, File-encrypting malware
Short Description: Deadly malware which encrypts users’ important files and then asks them to pay the attackers an amount of ransom to get the decryption software/key.
Ransom Demanding Notes: Text files named accordingly to the filenames of locked files
Symptoms: Locked files become inaccessible and useless stored inside the compromised systems, previous functional data now have different extension, A ransom demanding message is left on each affected folder. Users are asked to pay an amount of ransom to unlock their encoded data and files.
Distribution methods: Spam emails, peer to peer network sharing, unofficial activation and updating tools.
Damage: All files are encrypted and cannot be accessed without paying ransom, Additional password stealing Trojans and malware infections can be installed along with ransomware infections and other malware.
Removal: To remove this virus from the system, we advise you to use a reliable anti-malware tool. Once malware gets removed, you can recover your files by using existing backup or data-recovery software.
Ways To Spread Hard2decrypt ransomware:
And hence, it is very important to check the legitimacy of the mails that you often receive from unknown address. Ignore those mails that look suspicious and never download their attachments. In case your PC is already infected with this virus, you must remove Hard2decrypt ransomware from the device without wasting any time.
Text Presented In The Ransom Note:
All your systems are encrypted now.
Contact us to get details:
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘Hard2decrypt ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Hard2decrypt ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Soution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for Hard2decrypt ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
Hard2decrypt ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove Hard2decrypt ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove Hard2decrypt ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with Hard2decrypt ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to Hard2decrypt ransomware from machine.
Remove Hard2decrypt ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of Hard2decrypt ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by Hard2decrypt ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by Hard2decrypt ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like Hard2decrypt ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by Hard2decrypt ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about Hard2decrypt ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by Hard2decrypt ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like Hard2decrypt ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by Hard2decrypt ransomware.
“ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by Hard2decrypt ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files