Easy steps to delete .help (Dharma) Ransomware
.help (Dharma) Ransomware is one of the most dangerous computer infections that belong to Dharma ransomware family. The main aim of this malware is to encrypt all stored files and keep them in the same situation unless the payment is done. In order to encrypt file, this ransomware uses strong cryptography algorithm as well as renames all compromised files by using original filename, unique ID assigned to the victims, developers email address and by adding “.help” extension at the end of every file to make them totally unusable.
More details about .help (Dharma) Ransomware
Once this process is complete, ransom notes are created in a pop-up window and also FILES ENCRYPTED.txt text file. The ransom note informs victims that their data has been locked and in order to recover it users are instructed to write an email to the provided email addresses. The cost of decryption key is not determined. It only depends on the basis of how fast users pay ransom money. The amount has to pay in the form of Bitcoin within 48 hours otherwise you will lose all your data and files forever.
In order to gain the trust of user that decryption is possible, they offer free decryption of some encrypted files attached to their emails and they will decrypt for free without charging any cost. Furthermore, the note ends with warnings which advised victims not to rename encrypted files or try to decrypt them with third party software as it may cause permanent data loss. In many cases of ransomware infections, it has been found that decryption cannot be possible without the involvement of the cyber criminals who are behind this threat.
Text presented in .help (Dharma) Ransomware’s pop-up window:
YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED
Don’t worry,you can return all your files!
If you want to restore them, follow this link:email [email protected] YOUR ID –
If you have not been answered via the link within 12 hours, write to us by e-mail:[email protected]
Do not rename encrypted files.
Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss.
Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price (they add their fee to our) or you can become a victim of a scam.
How to recover the locked files?
It is not the correct solution to pay money to the cyber criminals in order to recover the files. Paying money to them does not generate any unique results and users will merely often get scammed. So, in order to recover files, users are advised to remove .help (Dharma) Ransomware to prevent it from further encryptions. Remember that, removal will not release already affected files/data. Soon after that, victims are recommended to restore the data from a backup (if someone has created earlier before infection and placed in some different locations).
Distribution of .help (Dharma) Ransomware:
Ransomware and other malware are mainly infiltrated through spam campaigns. It is described as mass scale operations during which lots of deceptive emails are sent to the recipients in order to trick them. Such mails contain download links of infectious files or the files are simply attached to the emails. When such files are executed, opened or run, it causes download or installation of malware. Other common distribution methods for the infiltration of ransomware are Trojans, fake updaters, illegal activation tools, deceptive pop-up ads, torrent websites, harmful ads or links and dubious download channels.
Remove .help (Dharma) Ransomware
Complete removal instructions have been described below in step by step manner. Follow it so that you will not find any trouble while performing virus removal process. You can also use reliable antivirus removal tool such as Spyhunter to remove .help (Dharma) Ransomware and all infiltrated malware completely and safely from the computer.
Name: .help (Dharma) Ransomware
Type: Ransomware, Cryptovirus
Extension used: .help (files are also appended with unique ID and cyber criminal’s email address).
Ransom demanding note: Text presented in the pop-up window and FILES ENCRYPTED.txt
Short Description: The ransomware encrypts files on your computer machine and demands a ransom to be paid to allegedly restore them.
Symptoms: The ransomware will blackmail the victims to pay them a decryption fee. Sensitive user data may be encrypted by the ransomware code.
Damage: all files are encrypted and cannot be opened without paying ransom. Additional password stealing Trojan and malware infection can be installed along with ransomware infections.
Removal: For complete information about file recovery and removal of .help (Dharma) Ransomware you are advised to go through given below removal instructions.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘.help (Dharma) Ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like .help (Dharma) Ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Soution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for .help (Dharma) Ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
.help (Dharma) Ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove .help (Dharma) Ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove .help (Dharma) Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with .help (Dharma) Ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to .help (Dharma) Ransomware from machine.
Remove .help (Dharma) Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of .help (Dharma) Ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by .help (Dharma) Ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by .help (Dharma) Ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like .help (Dharma) Ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by .help (Dharma) Ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about .help (Dharma) Ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by .help (Dharma) Ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like .help (Dharma) Ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by .help (Dharma) Ransomware.
“ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by .help (Dharma) Ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files