Proper guide to delete HTML:Script-inf
HTML:Script-inf is a virus that is known as generic detection for a malicious HTML script which exists on malicious websites. These dubious web domains are hacked by malware developers for evil purposes. The main aim of such virus is to block the script from performing malicious actions on the user’s PC. In case, if users visit on such compromised domain, they might unintentionally install malware on their computer.
Sometimes, the detection name of HTML:Script-inf might identify as false positive that should be analyzed before files are quarantined or deleted from the PC. Moreover, users claimed that such malware is constantly detected by their antivirus application even if they don’t visit any websites. This behavior typically indicates that browser settings have been compromised and need to be reset immediately.
HTML:Script-inf is basically a part of drive by install technique used by cyber criminals to install malware on system. For this, certain conditions must be done that includes:
- Users should visit the compromised site for the script to download malicious payload.
- The target device should hold software that has an implanted exposure.
Following these conditions triggers the download of a virus on the user’s machine. Thus, the only way to remove HTML:Script-inf is by using reliable antivirus scanners. Without security software, some infections can be terminated like as adware or browser hijackers.
Despite this, it can also lead to data theft. It can spy user’s activities in order to get access to their personal and sensitive information. It uses plug-ins to follow your online browsing activities. The main purpose is to steal user information like login credentials, password, bank account details and many more and shared with potent cyber criminals for evil purposes. Scammers can misuse those details for fraudulent transactions or purchases that might lead to huge financial loss.
How HTML:Script-inf intrudes?
Typically, malware is distributed through malspam emails, unreliable file download sources, fake software updating and unofficial software activation tools. Fake software updating tools install malicious software instead of fixes for the installed programs. Also, they can be designed to infect PC by exploiting flaws of installed software that is out of date. Software cracking tools are illegally used to bypass the activation of licensed software.
The main purpose of such tools is not to activate software but to install some malicious one. Moreover, spam email contains infectious attachments or downloads links for those malicious files. Once users open or click on those attachments, they might leads into the installation of malware. Unreliable software download tools (third party installers, free file hosting sites, p2p sharing networks etc) can offer malware for downloading by disguising as or bundled with ordinary content.
Precautionary measures to avoid installation of HTML:Script-inf:
- Always be careful while downloading and installing any applications.
- Never click on random links or pop-up notification while browsing session.
- Always use strong antimalware tool and upgrade security firewall settings.
- Avoid visiting websites related to gambling, online dating, pornography etc.
- You must choose advance/custom installation so that hidden files get detected and can remove immediately.
Type: Trojan, password stealing virus, banking malware
Infection conditions: Drive-by-download onto compromised machines
Possible symptoms of infection: Error messages, computer slowdowns, redirects to suspicious sites, etc.
Distribution methods: Infected email attachments, malicious online advertisements, social engineering, software ‘cracks’.
Damage: Stolen passwords and banking information, identity theft, the victim’s computer added to a botnet.
Removal: To remove HTML:Script-inf, we recommend our user to use some reliable anti-malware removal tool.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘HTML:Script-inf‘ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like HTML:Script-inf as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
Recommended Methods for HTML:Script-inf removal from computer
HTML:Script-inf is very dangerous threats designed to injects malicious codes in each location of your computer and damage your computer in very quick time. So, it is important to detect all components related to this virus and attempt to delete as soon as possible. Here, we are discussing about manual and automatic method of malware removal that could help you to remove adware, PUA, PUP, Trojan, worms or other harmful viruses from System.
We will talk about “Automatic Method” further in this article. This process is only about manual method which allows you to detect/delete all the malicious extensions or add-ons installed on your browser. The solution here will help you eliminate unwanted programs or applications from PCs, and remove HTML:Script-inf related programs from System registry and so on.
You should read the manual guide carefully and follow each step one-by-one mentioned here. In case if you miss any step or jump to the next one by escaping, it might cause several other System problems. In other word, we can say that there is need of technical knowledge or enough computer knowledge to follow the manual steps. Let’s try to know the location of HTML:Script-inf and other associated files in your computer, and remove all the components from System completely using manual method.
Remove HTML:Script-inf and related component from Windows PCs manually
For Windows 10 users:
- Open “Setting” App by pressing “Windows + I” key together from keyboard
- Go to “Apps > Apps and Features”
- Locate HTML:Script-inf related programs or other malicious applications in the list
- Click on malicious program and click on “Uninstall”.
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the program completely. Once done, please check if HTML:Script-inf related files or program is removed.
For Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 users:
- Click on “Windows + R” key from keyboard to open “Run Dialog Box”
- Type “Control Panel” in “Run Dialog Box” and hit “Enter” key
- In the opened Control Panel, select “Programs and Features”
- Now, locate all the malicious programs related of HTML:Script-inf in the list
- Click on it and then click on “Uninstall” button
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the malicious program.
For Windows 7 users:
- Click on “Start” button and type “Control Panel” in Windows Search
- In the opened Control Panel, go to “Uninstall a Program” option
- Now, find all the malicious programs in the list
- Select it and click on “Uninstall” button.
- Wait for the completion. Once done, please check if HTML:Script-inf related programs is removed.
For Windows XP users:
- Click on “Start” button and click on “Control Panel”
- In the opened Control Panel, Go to “Add or Remove Program” option
- Locate HTML:Script-inf and other malicious programs in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” to remove it from PCs
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to finish the uninstall process.
Remove HTML:Script-inf from “Windows Registry Editor”
- Press “Windows + R” key together from keyboard to open “Run Dialog Box”
- In the opened “Run Dialog Box”, type ”regedit” and hit “Enter” key to open “Windows Registry Editor” App
- In the opened “Registry Editor” Window, search for registry entries created by HTML:Script-inf and delete it permanently. Navigate the following location give below and delete HTML:Script-inf from here
“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run” “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run” “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce” “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce”
- Once done, close “Registry Editor” window and please check if HTML:Script-inf related files is removed.
Delete HTML:Script-inf and related components from Mac OS X manually
Stop HTML:Script-inf related malicious programs from “Activity Monitor”
- Go to “Go > Utilities” to open “Utilities” Folder
- Navigate the “Activity Monitor” icon in the list and double-click on it to open
- Find all the malicious process related to HTML:Script-inf and click on “cross button” on upper left corner to end the task
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Fore Quit” option. Once done, please check if HTML:Script-inf related files is removed.
Remove HTML:Script-inf from “Applications” folder
- Go to “Go > Applications” to open “Applications” folder
- Now, locate HTML:Script-inf related programs in the applications folder
- Right click on malicious one and click on “Move To Trash” button
Remove HTML:Script-inf from “LaunchAgents” folder
- Navigate to “Go > Go to Folder” and type “/Library/LaunchAgents” and then hit “Go” button
- Now, find all entry related to HTML:Script-inf from “LaunchAgents” folder.
- Click on it and the drag it to “Trash” Folder
Remove HTML:Script-inf related programs from “Application Support” folder
- Navigate “Go > Go to Folder”
- Type “/Library/Application Support” in “Go To Folder” and hit “Go” button
- Now, search for HTML:Script-inf related infection in “Application Support” folder
- Select it and drag it to “Trash” folder
Uninstall malicious programs related to HTML:Script-inf from “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Press “COMMAND + SHIFT + G” button together to open “Go to Folder”
- In the opened “Go To Folder”, type “/Library/LaunchDaemons” and click on “Go” button
- Now, locate HTML:Script-inf related entry in “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Select the malicious one and move it to “Trash” Folder
Remove all extensions, add-ons or plug-ins related to HTML:Script-inf from web browsers
Remove malicious extensions from Google Chrome
- Open “Google Chrome” browser and click on “Chrome Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “More Tools > Extensions” option
- Now, locate the malicious extensions associated with HTML:Script-inf in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Trash” icon
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Remove” button. Once done, please check if HTML:Script-inf related extensions is removed.
Reset Google Chrome:
- Open “Google Chrome” browser and click on “Gear icon” or “Chrome Menu”
- Select “Settings” and scroll down to bottom of screen and click on “Advanced” link
- Click on “Reset” button and to confirm reset the Google Chrome Settings, click on “Reset” button on confirmation dialog box.
Delete malicious extensions from Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” browser and click on “Firefox Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “Add-ons > Extensions”
- Now, find recently installed malicious add-ons or extensions related to HTML:Script-inf in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button to remove it completely
Reset Mozilla Firefox:
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” browser and click on “Firefox Menu”
- Go to “Help > Troubleshooting Information”
- In the opened window, click on “Refresh Firefox” button
- After that, click “Refresh Firefox” button on confirmation dialog box and reset the Firefox settings
Remove all the extensions or plug-ins related to HTML:Script-inf from Internet Explorer
- Open “Internet Explorer” browser and click on “Gear icon” at the top right corner of Internet Explorer browser
- Go to “Manage add-ons > Toolbars and Extensions”
- Now, find HTML:Script-inf related extensions in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Disable” button to remove it permanently
Reset Internet Explorer:
- Open “Internet Explorer” browser and click on “Gear icon” or “Tool Menu”
- Click on “Internet Options” and select “Advanced” tab
- Now, click on “Reset” button
- In the confirmation dialog box, mark the “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on “Reset” button again
Uninstall HTML:Script-inf related plug-ins from Microsoft Edge
- Open “Microsoft Edge” browser and click on “Edge Gear” icon at the top right corner
- Select “Extensions” and search for recently installed plug-ins or extensions in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button
Reset Microsoft Edge:
- Open “Microsoft Edge” browser and click on “Edge Menu”
- Select “Settings” and click on “Reset Settings” button to rest the Microsoft Edge Settings
Remove HTML:Script-inf related extensions or add-ons from Safari browser
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Go to “Preferences > Extensions”
- Now, locate HTML:Script-inf related extensions in the list
- Select it and click on “Uninstall” to remove it completely
Reset Safari browser:
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Select “Clear History and Website Data…..”
- In the opened window, choose “All History” option and click on “Clear History” button
Automatic method of HTML:Script-inf removal
The procedures mentioned above is all about manual method of HTML:Script-inf removal means you can remove any malicious applications, add-ins or extensions, malicious registry entries from computer and browser. But these processes are time consuming and needs lots of technical knowledge to implement. So, you can go for automatic method of malware removal. This procedure will be helpful for both technical & non-technical users and they could remove all types of infection from their Windows OS and Mac OS X computer in very quick time. Let’s go for automatic method.
Automatic method: Remove HTML:Script-inf and related components from Windows PCs
Here, we suggest you to download/install and use “SpyHunter” anti-malware software on your Windows OS based devices. This security tool will help you to delete all the components related of HTML:Script-inf from your machine in few minutes. However, both technical and non-technical users can easily use this application and remove unwanted programs from their PCs.
“SpyHunter” security application is designed to detect and delete all types of malware including adware, potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), PUAs, rootkits, browser hijackers, Trojan horse virus, backdoor virus, worms, keyloggers and other types of malware.
“SpyHunter” anti-malware is powerful security tool that works on advance scanning mechanism to identify viruses quickly. It is in-built with enhanced multi-layer process that helps you to search for all types of malware. This security application is capable of detecting and removing all kinks of malware or viruses from machine.
This security application features user friendly interface and 24 * 7 Customer Support, HelpDesk customer support service, and the support team delivers custom malware fixes with help of HelpDesk feature.
How to download/install and use “SpyHunter” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button given below to go to “SpyHunter” page and download the “SpyHunter” software
- Once downloaded, double-click on “Installer” file to install the program on your machine
- Follow On-Screen instructions to install “SpyHunter”.
- Once done, open “SpyHunter” and click on “Start Scan Now” button to start scanning process. For the first time, you should select “Full Scan” option
- Now, click on “View Scan Results” to see the list of detected threats or infections
- After that, click on “Next” button to registry the software and remove permanently if you find HTML:Script-inf related infections.
Automatic Method: Remove HTML:Script-inf and all related components from Mac OS X
It is possible to remove HTML:Script-inf related programs from Mac OS X based devices. We have already discussed about manual method of HTML:Script-inf removal for Mac devices in the procedure above. Now comes to automatic method. We advise you to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software on Mac OS X devices.
“Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software is powerful security application that is designed to protect your Mac PC against HTML:Script-inf related malware and also optimized overall PC performance as well. This anti-malware follows the best mechanism to find out the malicious files and throw way from targeted one. It provides you best and most effective solution in such situation. So, you can scan your PC using this powerful security application.
How to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button to download “Combo Cleaner” on your Mac
- Once downloaded, drag the “Installer” file to “Applications” folder to install the program
- Once installed, open the “Combo Cleaner” application and go to “Antivirus Tab”
- Select “Scan Mode” and click on “Start Scan”
- All the hidden threats will appear on the screen. Now, click on “Remove All Threats” button