Simple process to delete LuckyDay ransomware
LuckyDay ransomware is a file locking virus that comes from LockerGoga ransomware family. This malware are designed to encrypt files and makes it inaccessible for the victims. It silently infiltrates in the targeted computer and starts encrypting the personal files of the users. It appends “.luckyday” extension to the end of every file that it encrypts. As soon as data is locked, it creates a ransom note named “File Recovery.txt” and dropped it on all contaminated folders.
The created ransom note contains the basic details regarding the file encryption and its prime motive is to convince you to pay the ransom money. It also contains instructions on how the victim could allegedly recover their locked files. As you can clearly see in the ransom note that the important files are encrypted with powerful RSA and AES encryption algorithm and each victim gets a unique ID as well as the email ID of the cyber criminals.
You will be encouraged to make the payment within 7 days of ransomware attack otherwise the decryption key may get overwritten and you will lose your data permanently. In order to gain the trust of victims, they ask you to provide one encrypted file (up to 20mb) and it will be decrypted for free. They also threat that if you try any other options to recover the encrypted files then you may face permanent data loss.
Short details about LuckyDay ransomware
Type: Ransomware, Cryptovirus
Encrypted file extension: .luckyday
Ransom Demanding Message: File Recovery.txt
Symptoms: Users are unable to access any of the files to their previous states. A ransom demanding message is displayed on your desktop. Cyber criminals behind this demand payment of a ransom to unlock your files.
Distribution: bundled packages, freeware installations, illegal patches, cracked software, spam emails, porn or torrent sites and other social engineering methods.
Damage: All files are encoded and cannot be opened without paying money. Other additional malware infections can get installed into your system together with ransomware infections.
Removal and Recovery: In order to remove LuckyDay ransomware, users are advised to use some reliable removal tool. Once malware gets removed, you can recover your files using backup or other data recovery software.
How LuckyDay ransomware gets inside my computer?
The cyber criminals behind this threat uses spam email campaigns as a major trick to distribute malware infection. The other popular sources are unreliable software download sources, Trojans, software cracking tools, fake software updating tools, unsafe hyperlinks and so on. In case of spam email attack, users received hundreds or thousands of emails in their inbox and each of them contain some kinds of attachment with them. They are usually archive files, executables files, Microsoft Office and PDF documents and so on. Once such files are downloaded or opened, the malware payloads and scripts get downloaded in the backdoor.
How to recover files encrypted by LuckyDay ransomware?
As already mentioned, paying ransom to the cyber criminals is not the solution. It is a spam and you cannot trust them that they will help you. The best way is to use the backup files that would have created earlier and placed in some external storage devices. On the other hand, you can also trust using “Volume Shadow Copies” or third party data recovery tool. The retrieval of encrypted files is only possible if all the related payloads and files of LuckyDay ransomware are removed. So, first scan the system with strong anti-malware tool and then use any data recovery process.
Precautionary measures to avoid ransomware attack:
- Browse safely and avoid visiting unsafe webpage. Don’t click on random links and pop-ups.
- Don’t download software updates that are bogus or software that are cracked.
- Avoid using peer to peer file sharing networks such as torrents, free file hosting sites and so on.
- Improved the PC security settings by using powerful anti-malware tool.
- Don’t download suspicious plug-ins and add-ons in the browser.
Text presented in the pop-up window:
All your important files have been encrypted!
Any attempts to restore your files with the thrid-party software will be fatal for your files!
RESTORE YOU DATA POSIBLE ONLY BUYING private key from us.
There is only one way to get your files back:
| 1. Download Tor browser – https://www.torproject.org/ and install it.
| 2. Open link in TOR browser – http://luckydaynywoklzy.onion/?[redacted hex]
This link only works in Tor Browser!
| 3. Follow the instructions on this page
| 4. ID Decrypt <<[redacted 32 lowercase hex]>>
### Attention! ###
# Do not rename encrypted files.
# Do not try to decrypt using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss.
# Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price(they add their fee to our).
# Tor Browser may be blocked in your country or corporate network. Use https://bridges.torproject.org or use Tor Browser over VPN.
# Tor Browser user manual https://tb-manual.torproject.org/about
!!! We also download huge amount of your private data, including finance information, clients personal info, network diagrams, passwords and so on.
Don’t forget about GDPR.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘LuckyDay ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like LuckyDay ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Soution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for LuckyDay ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
LuckyDay ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove LuckyDay ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove LuckyDay ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with LuckyDay ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to LuckyDay ransomware from machine.
Remove LuckyDay ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of LuckyDay ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by LuckyDay ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by LuckyDay ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like LuckyDay ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by LuckyDay ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about LuckyDay ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by LuckyDay ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like LuckyDay ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by LuckyDay ransomware.
“ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by LuckyDay ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files