Easy process to delete Mhcadd Ransomware
Mhcadd Ransomware is one of the most fearsome file encryption threats that belong to the family of ransomware called Snatch. It is capable to compromise almost all kinds of data including pictures, audios, videos, documents and other files available on victims desktop. After that, the malware runs encryption algorithm to encrypt the files and appends “.mhcadd” extension to the original filename. This dubious virus is specifically programmed by cyber hackers in order to extort huge ransom money from users.
After successfully finishing encryption process, it creates ransom notes in text file named “HOW TO RESTORE YOUR FILES.TXT” and dropped in all folders that contains encrypted files in them. The created files inform victims that all their files are encrypted and its developers are the only ones who can help you to decrypt them. It threatens the victims that if you don’t pay the ransom money then you will permanently lose the access of all your important data.
In order to get the further instructions like price of decryption tool can only be received by writing them an email to the provided email address. After contacting, they ask users to pay money in the form of Bitcoin. However, the cost of key is not determined usually it depends upon victims how fast they contact to the hackers. Users are also warned not to decrypt encrypted files manually or rename them using third party software as it might results into permanent data damage.
Name: Mhcadd Ransomware
Classification: Ransomware, Files-locker, Crypto-virus
File extensions: .mhcadd
Email ID used: [email protected]
Ransom demanding note: HOW TO RESTORE YOUR FILES.TXT
Description: A ransomware which encrypts your files and denies users to access them until ransom payment is done.
Also known as: Mhcadd virus
Symptoms: Files cannot be accessed, filenames get the .mhcadd extension and ransom payment is demanded for data recovery.
Distribution methods: infected email attachments, torrent websites, malicious ads
Damage: possibly other malicious malware intrusion along with the ransomware.
Removal: Use Spyhunter to remove Mhcadd Ransomware
Data Recovery: In order to recover all encrypted files, users are advised to use backup if available. In case, backup files are not found then you can use data recovery tool/software.
Should victims trust on the cyber hackers?
The developers belong to Mhcadd Ransomware should not be trusted. They falsely promise that they will give decryption tool that helps in file recovery after making complete payment. In practical, they leave the victims once the payment is done and even not answer their calls or messages. Thus, you should not provide the ransom fee and even contact them.
In order to recover files, victims are advised to remove Mhcadd Ransomware from the system from causing further encryptions (from encrypting files that are not encrypted yet) by using powerful antivirus removal tool. Once malware gets removed, users can easily restore their files from a backup. Well, you can also restore all your important files easily by using strong data recovery.
Intrusion of Mhcadd Ransomware:
When users open such malicious files, they install malicious programs on their computer. Other distribution sources for ransomware and other malware are bundles of free software programs, suspicious links, pirated or cracked software, porn or torrent sites, dubious websites, untrustworthy software download sources (p2p sharing networks, free file hosting sites, unreliable pages etc), Trojans and other social engineering techniques.
How to protect system from ransomware?
In order to prevent the ransomware infection intrusion, you must be very cautious during download/installation process and even all the time during browsing sessions. Use official websites and direct links for any programs download. Same goes for any software update as well. Third party installers and other aforementioned suspicious sources for malware distribution should be avoided.
The most important thing keeps all installed software and operating system up-to-date time to time with tools or functions that are provided by their official developers. All email attachment should be handled with care. Do not too quick to click on any attachment and to download any files from any email. Firstly, examine well the email and see whether it is coming from genuine address.
Text presented in Mhcadd Ransomware’s text file:
All your files are encrypted and only I can decrypt them.
My mail is
Write me if you want to return your files – I can do it very quickly!
Do not rename the encrypted files, because of this you can lose them forever!!!!!
To prove that we are not scammers and really can decrypt your files,
you can send three files for test decryption !!! (except databases, Excel and backups)
PLEASE DO NOT CREATE A NEW LETTER! RESPOND TO THE
LETTER TO THIS LETTER.
This will allow us to see all the history of the census in
one place and respond quickly to you.
!!! Do not turn off or restart the NAS equipment. This will result in data loss!!!
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘Mhcadd Ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Mhcadd Ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Soution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for Mhcadd Ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
Mhcadd Ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove Mhcadd Ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove Mhcadd Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with Mhcadd Ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to Mhcadd Ransomware from machine.
Remove Mhcadd Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of Mhcadd Ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by Mhcadd Ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by Mhcadd Ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like Mhcadd Ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by Mhcadd Ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about Mhcadd Ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by Mhcadd Ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like Mhcadd Ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by Mhcadd Ransomware.
“ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by Mhcadd Ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files