Simple process to delete Mint Search
Mint Search is destructive domain operates as a browser hijacker. There are many potentially unwanted programs which promote this domain. The user who has PUPs inside, periodically visit the find.mintsearch.net redirects on their browsers. The major symptoms of the infection are the alteration of the default homepage, search engine and new tab on the installed browsers. These changes are due significant that’s because the PUP reassign the changes and prevent the users to return to the previous browser settings all the time they are trying to do so.
The people left with no choice than to visit the dubious domain once they open the browsers windows/tab and search web on the URL bar. The Mint Search redirection is dangerous due to the fact that this site redirect all search results to Yahoo which are filled with sponsored links and ads. Additionally, it totally makes the browsing session difficult to do and experience very annoying. The speed of the browser get diminishes, search queries get manipulated and search result pages are dissimilar what the query is about.
Name: Mint Search
Type: Browser hijacker, potentially unwanted program
Description: Aims to modify the settings on your web browser in order to get it to cause browser redirects and display different advertisements.
Infiltration: spam email attachments, software bundle packages, fake updates and deceptive ads
Functionality: This app supposedly enhances web browsing experience.
Symptoms: Mint Search is installed on the web browser; homepage and new tab address altered to find.mintsearch.net; a customized search engine redirects all search results to search.yahoo.com and fills them with sponsored links and ads.
Damage: Installation of other potentially unwanted programs, privacy risks due to information gathering practices, financial losses.
Removal process: in order to keep the PC harmless and secured, you are highly suggested to remove Mint Search as soon as possible.
They appear with each visiting site asking to click somewhere and redirect to some new pages. These pages can lead into the installation of PUPs or even malware. Something that is worst about Mint Search is its data tracking capability. It gathers the browsing related data and shared with third parties (potentially cyber criminals) who misuse the data to generate illegal revenue. Thus, presence of data tracking apps on PC can results into huge risk of privacy, financial loss, identity theft and even some dangerous legal issues.
How did Mint Search install on my machine?
According to IT experts, Mint Search is distributed through a software “cracking” tool which is mainly designed to activate Adobe Photoshop. Remember that it is illegal to bypass activation of licensed software of this type of programs and can be used to distribute PUAs like ransomware, adware, Trojans and other malware. Apart from this, users often download and install PUAs along with other software that is included in the setups as extra offers.
This dubious marketing method is called software bundling. Usually, offers to download and install bundled apps can be declined through advanced, custom, manual or other settings. Most of the users fail to check and change the aforementioned settings and due to these they allow potentially unwanted applications to be get downloaded and installed. In some cases, rogue downloads and installation happens through intrusive ads that are designed to execute certain scripts. (It can be caused if the ads are clicked).
Remove Mint Search
Below, the step by step method to remove Mint Search form system is directed to you so that you will not find any problem during the virus removal process. However, you can use automatic malware removal tool – Spyhunter to automatically remove all malicious apps and browser extensions from the computer/browsers.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘Mint Search‘ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Mint Search as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
Recommended Methods for Mint Search removal from computer
Mint Search is very dangerous threats designed to injects malicious codes in each location of your computer and damage your computer in very quick time. So, it is important to detect all components related to this virus and attempt to delete as soon as possible. Here, we are discussing about manual and automatic method of malware removal that could help you to remove adware, PUA, PUP, Trojan, worms or other harmful viruses from System.
We will talk about “Automatic Method” further in this article. This process is only about manual method which allows you to detect/delete all the malicious extensions or add-ons installed on your browser. The solution here will help you eliminate unwanted programs or applications from PCs, and remove Mint Search related programs from System registry and so on.
You should read the manual guide carefully and follow each step one-by-one mentioned here. In case if you miss any step or jump to the next one by escaping, it might cause several other System problems. In other word, we can say that there is need of technical knowledge or enough computer knowledge to follow the manual steps. Let’s try to know the location of Mint Search and other associated files in your computer, and remove all the components from System completely using manual method.
Remove Mint Search and related component from Windows PCs manually
For Windows 10 users:
- Open “Setting” App by pressing “Windows + I” key together from keyboard
- Go to “Apps > Apps and Features”
- Locate Mint Search related programs or other malicious applications in the list
- Click on malicious program and click on “Uninstall”.
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the program completely. Once done, please check if Mint Search related files or program is removed.
For Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 users:
- Click on “Windows + R” key from keyboard to open “Run Dialog Box”
- Type “Control Panel” in “Run Dialog Box” and hit “Enter” key
- In the opened Control Panel, select “Programs and Features”
- Now, locate all the malicious programs related of Mint Search in the list
- Click on it and then click on “Uninstall” button
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the malicious program.
For Windows 7 users:
- Click on “Start” button and type “Control Panel” in Windows Search
- In the opened Control Panel, go to “Uninstall a Program” option
- Now, find all the malicious programs in the list
- Select it and click on “Uninstall” button.
- Wait for the completion. Once done, please check if Mint Search related programs is removed.
For Windows XP users:
- Click on “Start” button and click on “Control Panel”
- In the opened Control Panel, Go to “Add or Remove Program” option
- Locate Mint Search and other malicious programs in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” to remove it from PCs
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to finish the uninstall process.
Remove Mint Search from “Windows Registry Editor”
- Press “Windows + R” key together from keyboard to open “Run Dialog Box”
- In the opened “Run Dialog Box”, type ”regedit” and hit “Enter” key to open “Windows Registry Editor” App
- In the opened “Registry Editor” Window, search for registry entries created by Mint Search and delete it permanently. Navigate the following location give below and delete Mint Search from here
“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run” “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run” “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce” “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce”
- Once done, close “Registry Editor” window and please check if Mint Search related files is removed.
Delete Mint Search and related components from Mac OS X manually
Stop Mint Search related malicious programs from “Activity Monitor”
- Go to “Go > Utilities” to open “Utilities” Folder
- Navigate the “Activity Monitor” icon in the list and double-click on it to open
- Find all the malicious process related to Mint Search and click on “cross button” on upper left corner to end the task
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Fore Quit” option. Once done, please check if Mint Search related files is removed.
Remove Mint Search from “Applications” folder
- Go to “Go > Applications” to open “Applications” folder
- Now, locate Mint Search related programs in the applications folder
- Right click on malicious one and click on “Move To Trash” button
Remove Mint Search from “LaunchAgents” folder
- Navigate to “Go > Go to Folder” and type “/Library/LaunchAgents” and then hit “Go” button
- Now, find all entry related to Mint Search from “LaunchAgents” folder.
- Click on it and the drag it to “Trash” Folder
Remove Mint Search related programs from “Application Support” folder
- Navigate “Go > Go to Folder”
- Type “/Library/Application Support” in “Go To Folder” and hit “Go” button
- Now, search for Mint Search related infection in “Application Support” folder
- Select it and drag it to “Trash” folder
Uninstall malicious programs related to Mint Search from “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Press “COMMAND + SHIFT + G” button together to open “Go to Folder”
- In the opened “Go To Folder”, type “/Library/LaunchDaemons” and click on “Go” button
- Now, locate Mint Search related entry in “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Select the malicious one and move it to “Trash” Folder
Remove all extensions, add-ons or plug-ins related to Mint Search from web browsers
Remove malicious extensions from Google Chrome
- Open “Google Chrome” browser and click on “Chrome Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “More Tools > Extensions” option
- Now, locate the malicious extensions associated with Mint Search in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Trash” icon
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Remove” button. Once done, please check if Mint Search related extensions is removed.
Reset Google Chrome:
- Open “Google Chrome” browser and click on “Gear icon” or “Chrome Menu”
- Select “Settings” and scroll down to bottom of screen and click on “Advanced” link
- Click on “Reset” button and to confirm reset the Google Chrome Settings, click on “Reset” button on confirmation dialog box.
Delete malicious extensions from Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” browser and click on “Firefox Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “Add-ons > Extensions”
- Now, find recently installed malicious add-ons or extensions related to Mint Search in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button to remove it completely
Reset Mozilla Firefox:
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” browser and click on “Firefox Menu”
- Go to “Help > Troubleshooting Information”
- In the opened window, click on “Refresh Firefox” button
- After that, click “Refresh Firefox” button on confirmation dialog box and reset the Firefox settings
Remove all the extensions or plug-ins related to Mint Search from Internet Explorer
- Open “Internet Explorer” browser and click on “Gear icon” at the top right corner of Internet Explorer browser
- Go to “Manage add-ons > Toolbars and Extensions”
- Now, find Mint Search related extensions in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Disable” button to remove it permanently
Reset Internet Explorer:
- Open “Internet Explorer” browser and click on “Gear icon” or “Tool Menu”
- Click on “Internet Options” and select “Advanced” tab
- Now, click on “Reset” button
- In the confirmation dialog box, mark the “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on “Reset” button again
Uninstall Mint Search related plug-ins from Microsoft Edge
- Open “Microsoft Edge” browser and click on “Edge Gear” icon at the top right corner
- Select “Extensions” and search for recently installed plug-ins or extensions in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button
Reset Microsoft Edge:
- Open “Microsoft Edge” browser and click on “Edge Menu”
- Select “Settings” and click on “Reset Settings” button to rest the Microsoft Edge Settings
Remove Mint Search related extensions or add-ons from Safari browser
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Go to “Preferences > Extensions”
- Now, locate Mint Search related extensions in the list
- Select it and click on “Uninstall” to remove it completely
Reset Safari browser:
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Select “Clear History and Website Data…..”
- In the opened window, choose “All History” option and click on “Clear History” button
Automatic method of Mint Search removal
The procedures mentioned above is all about manual method of Mint Search removal means you can remove any malicious applications, add-ins or extensions, malicious registry entries from computer and browser. But these processes are time consuming and needs lots of technical knowledge to implement. So, you can go for automatic method of malware removal. This procedure will be helpful for both technical & non-technical users and they could remove all types of infection from their Windows OS and Mac OS X computer in very quick time. Let’s go for automatic method.
Automatic method: Remove Mint Search and related components from Windows PCs
Here, we suggest you to download/install and use “SpyHunter” anti-malware software on your Windows OS based devices. This security tool will help you to delete all the components related of Mint Search from your machine in few minutes. However, both technical and non-technical users can easily use this application and remove unwanted programs from their PCs.
“SpyHunter” security application is designed to detect and delete all types of malware including adware, potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), PUAs, rootkits, browser hijackers, Trojan horse virus, backdoor virus, worms, keyloggers and other types of malware.
“SpyHunter” anti-malware is powerful security tool that works on advance scanning mechanism to identify viruses quickly. It is in-built with enhanced multi-layer process that helps you to search for all types of malware. This security application is capable of detecting and removing all kinks of malware or viruses from machine.
This security application features user friendly interface and 24 * 7 Customer Support, HelpDesk customer support service, and the support team delivers custom malware fixes with help of HelpDesk feature.
How to download/install and use “SpyHunter” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button given below to go to “SpyHunter” page and download the “SpyHunter” software
- Once downloaded, double-click on “Installer” file to install the program on your machine
- Follow On-Screen instructions to install “SpyHunter”.
- Once done, open “SpyHunter” and click on “Start Scan Now” button to start scanning process. For the first time, you should select “Full Scan” option
- Now, click on “View Scan Results” to see the list of detected threats or infections
- After that, click on “Next” button to registry the software and remove permanently if you find Mint Search related infections.
Automatic Method: Remove Mint Search and all related components from Mac OS X
It is possible to remove Mint Search related programs from Mac OS X based devices. We have already discussed about manual method of Mint Search removal for Mac devices in the procedure above. Now comes to automatic method. We advise you to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software on Mac OS X devices.
“Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software is powerful security application that is designed to protect your Mac PC against Mint Search related malware and also optimized overall PC performance as well. This anti-malware follows the best mechanism to find out the malicious files and throw way from targeted one. It provides you best and most effective solution in such situation. So, you can scan your PC using this powerful security application.
How to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button to download “Combo Cleaner” on your Mac
- Once downloaded, drag the “Installer” file to “Applications” folder to install the program
- Once installed, open the “Combo Cleaner” application and go to “Antivirus Tab”
- Select “Scan Mode” and click on “Start Scan”
- All the hidden threats will appear on the screen. Now, click on “Remove All Threats” button