Easy steps to delete NW24 ransomware
NW24 ransomware is dangerous file encrypting virus programmed by cyber crooks to compromise random computer and encrypt the files stored. They do this to extort huge amount of ransom money from novice users by blackmailing them. It renames all files by adding victim’s ID, cyber criminals email address and by appending “.NW24” extensions and makes unusable. This dubious malware belongs to ransomware family called Dharma and was discovered by Jakub Kroustek.
After encrypting the files, it creates a ransom note in text file format to inform about the attack and instruct about possibility of data recovery and payment details and drop it on each folder containing infected files. The text file states that the files are encrypted and can be restored by using a unique key. In order to contact them, the email address associated with them [email protected] is also mentioned on the ransom note.
The people behind the ransomware demand exchange of Bitcoin for a decryption tool that helps in decrypting the files. The amount of ransom is not determined on the ransom note. The text message ends with warn users not try to decrypt the files manually and do not change the filenames or the files will be permanently deleted. Basically, the ransomware viruses use an encryption algorithm for the files encryption. During the process, the developers create a unique key.
Name: NW24 ransomware
Type: Ransomware, Cryptovirus, file locking virus
Short Description: The ransomware encrypts files on your computer system and demands a ransom to be paid to allegedly recover them.
Symptoms: The ransomware will encrypt your files by appending the .NW24 extension to them, along with a unique identification number placing the new .NW24 extension as a secondary.
Distribution: Spam emails, email attachments, bundled freeware, porn or torrent sites, cracked software, torrent websites, malicious ads and many other tricks.
Ransom demanding message: Text presented in the pop-up window and FILES ENCRYPTED.txt
Cyber criminal contact: [email protected]
Damage: All files are encrypted and cannot be opened without paying money. Other password stealing Trojans can be installed along with ransomware infections into their devices.
Removal: In order to remove NW24 ransomware, we recommend our users to follow given below removal instructions or you can use reliable anti-malware tool.
How to recover encrypted files?
In order to retrieve all locked files, we recommend you to please avoid paying extortion money to the cyber criminals who are behind this infection. Paying money to them does not provide positive results and you will simply get scammed. To restore files, users are highly recommended to remove NW24 ransomware as soon as possible. Remember that removal will not restore already affected files but prevent it from further encryptions. Once PC gets cleaned, you can recover your files by using backup or any file recovery software.
How did ransomware intrude on my PC?
Various possible channels through which ransomware could infiltrate inside your system. But observing the tendency, it is most likely to lurk in spam emails, fake software updater, untrustworthy downloading sources, Trojans and unofficial cracking tools. Spam emails are sent in campaign by the cyber crooks. A lot of money is investing in designing them due to which they gives the impression legitimate. Typically, they contain malicious attachments and short message that convinces user to click on those attachments. Thus, clicking on those infectious files might lead the malware downloading and installing in their PCs. So, opening any attachments provided on any emails with unknown email address should not be done.
Remove NW24 ransomware
If your computer gets infected with such harmful virus then you need to go through several removal steps. You should eliminate this ransomware as soon as possible before it can have the chance to spread further and infects other device very easily. Hence, you should remove NW24 ransomware and follow the step by step instructions which have been prescribed below with the help of both manual and automatic process.
Text in a pop-up window:
YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED
Don’t worry,you can return all your files!
If you want to restore them, follow this link:email [email protected] YOUR ID –
If you have not been answered via the link within 12 hours, write to us by e-mail:[email protected]
Do not rename encrypted files.
Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss.
Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price (they add their fee to our) or you can become a victim of a scam.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘NW24 ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like NW24 ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Solution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for NW24 ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
NW24 ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove NW24 ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove NW24 ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with NW24 ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to NW24 ransomware from machine.
Remove NW24 ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of NW24 ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by NW24 ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by NW24 ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like NW24 ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by NW24 ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about NW24 ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by NW24 ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like NW24 ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “Stellar Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by NW24 ransomware.
“Stellar Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by NW24 ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “Stellar Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “Stellar Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “Stellar Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “Stellar Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files