Tips to recover files from Pants ransomware
Pants ransomware is highly malicious computer infection and ransomware type programs that is mainly designed to encrypt files, rename them and create ransom note in all folders that contain encrypted files. It has the ability to invade into all types of Windows based operating system and the most recent version Windows 10. During encryption, it uses advanced encryption algorithm as well as embed .pants extension at the end of every files to make them totally useless. Furthermore, this ransomware belongs to Globelmposter family.
The created ransom note in HTML file states that users cannot decrypt their files without using private decryption software/key. In order to purchase it, users are instructed to contact cyber criminals who are behind Pants ransomware through the email address. Once contacted, users will get further instructions on how to pay for it and the amount of ransom. It also show warning messages which states that if you will not pay money on the given time then all your files will be deleted permanently.
Before paying money, users are offered free decryption test of one encrypted files that should be sent to them via email. Despite this, users are also advised not to rename encrypted files using third party software as it may leads into permanent data loss. Regrettably, there are no any third party tools capable of decrypting files encrypted by Pants ransomware. We highly recommend victim not to pay ransom money to the hackers because once the money will pay then the cyber criminals try to ignore victim.
Text presented in Pants ransomware’s HTML file:
YOUR PERSONAL ID
☠ YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED! ☠
ALL YOUR IMPORTANT DATA HAS BEEN ENCRYPTED.
To recover data you need decryptor.
To get the decryptor you should:
Send 1 test image or text file [email protected]
In the letter include your personal ID (look at the beginning of this document).
We will give you the decrypted file and assign the price for decryption all files
After we send you instruction how to pay for decrypt and after payment you will receive a decryptor and instructions We can decrypt one file in quality the evidence that we have the decoder.
Only [email protected] can decrypt your files
Do not trust anyone [email protected]
Do not attempt to remove the program or run the anti-virus tools
Attempts to self-decrypting files will result in the loss of your data
Decoders other users are not compatible with your data, because each user’s unique encryption key
How did it infect PC?
How to retrieve encrypted files without paying money?
All your files are encrypted and cannot be opened without paying money to the cyber criminals. In such case, users are advised to remove Pants ransomware immediately from the computer by using some reliable antivirus removal tool. Once PC gets cleaned as well as malware gets removed, users are suggested to use existing backup files in order to recover lost files. Apart from this, if you don’t have any backup data in such situation you can use third party data recovery tool.
Remove Pants ransomware
In order to remove Pants ransomware, this guide offers you two type of removal process to remove this infection 1. Automatic 2. Manual. Manual removal of this threat could be quite risky and time taking. It is also not sure that manual removal method is effective enough to completely remove this infection. So we suggest our readers to use powerful anti-malware software to detect and remove Pants ransomware and all hidden threats from the system.
Name: Pants ransomware
Threat Type: Ransomware, Crypto Virus, Files locker
Encrypted Files Extension: .pants
Ransom Demanding Message: fuc**hit.html
Cyber Criminal Contact: [email protected]
Short Description: The ransomware encrypts files on your computer system and demands a ransom to be paid to allegedly recover them.
Symptoms: The Pants ransomware will encrypt your files by appending the .pants extension to them and demand ransom money for allegedly recover them.
Distribution methods: Infected email attachments (macros), torrent websites, malicious ads, torrent file downloads, corrupted websites and so on.
Damage: All files are encrypted and cannot be accessed without paying ransom. Other password-stealing Trojans can be installed together with a ransomware infection.
Removal: Use Spyhunter to remove Pants ransomware automatically from the system. Once PC gets cleaned, you can recover your files with data recovery tool.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘Pants ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Pants ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Solution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for Pants ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
Pants ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove Pants ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove Pants ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with Pants ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to Pants ransomware from machine.
Remove Pants ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of Pants ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by Pants ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by Pants ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like Pants ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by Pants ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about Pants ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by Pants ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like Pants ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “Stellar Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by Pants ransomware.
“Stellar Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by Pants ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “Stellar Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “Stellar Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “Stellar Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “Stellar Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files