Easy steps to delete PDFSearchApps
PDFSearchApps is a questionable webpage that tries to present itself as a genuine search provider by the security expert. It false claims to improve users online browsing habits by generating best and quick searching results. Judging as the first appearance this search provider seems as legit and useful as other popular search engine like as Google, Yahoo and Bing. Typically, users download and install apps like this inadvertently and thus for this reason they are classified as potentially unwanted application.
Additionally, the main aim of this virus is to hijack well known web browsers like as Mozilla Firefox, Google chrome, Opera, Edge and many others. Like most browser hijackers, PDFSearchApps modifies settings such as address of a homepage, default search engine and new tab to promote pdfsearchapps.com, a fake search engine. It is able to redirect users to searchmes.xyz and provides results by a fake search engine that displays result generated by Yahoo when they open new browsing tab/window.
In order to reset those changes made by browser hijackers, users need to remove PDFSearchApps first. Moreover, browser hijackers are also designed to collect data that includes IP addresses, addresses of visited websites, geo-locations, pages viewed and other information of this type. In such cases, collected information is shared with third parties who misuse data to generate income. Thus, users who have installed apps like PDFSearchApps may encounter problems relating to online privacy, browsing safety and even becomes victim of identity theft.
Intrusion tactics of PDFSearchApps:
Developer promotes PDFSearchApps via using several intrusive ways. Some of the most common intrusive methods are given below:
- Visiting on malicious site: Visiting on commercial and malicious site which having lots of infections.
- Spam mail campaign: Opening spam mail attached files like as word, text, documents, zip, archer and so on which received through unknown address.
- Freeware Program: During the installation of freeware program from third party webpage which users mostly download and installed without knowing their terms and license agreements.
- Updating System Software: Updating System Software and Application with third party tool or old version.
- Peer To Peer sharing files: Sharing files through bad network like as Torrent, eMule.
Manual malware removal threat is quiet lengthy and time taking so that it takes lots of time to detect and delete this nasty threat. So, we suggest our users to use reliable antivirus removal tool such as Spyhunter that can remove PDFSearchApps and all infiltrated browser hijacker infection completely and safely from the PC. Now, the choice is yours.
Type: Browser hijacker, unwanted new tab, Search hijacker
Description: It is a suspicious domain but the developer presents it as genuine and useful webpage that promotes fake search engine.
Infiltration: spam email attachments, updating system software, downloading unwanted programs, harmful websites, suspicious links and performing other online activities.
Symptoms: modifying installed web browser settings. After that users are encouraged to visit hijacker’s websites in order to search any query by using their search engines.
Damage: display lots of unwanted advertisements, redirect to unreliable websites, loss of private information, internet browser tracking (possibly privacy issues).
Removal process: Both manual as well as automatic removal guide have been discussed below under this post.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘PDFSearchApps‘ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like PDFSearchApps as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
Recommended Methods for PDFSearchApps removal from computer
PDFSearchApps is very dangerous threats designed to injects malicious codes in each location of your computer and damage your computer in very quick time. So, it is important to detect all components related to this virus and attempt to delete as soon as possible. Here, we are discussing about manual and automatic method of malware removal that could help you to remove adware, PUA, PUP, Trojan, worms or other harmful viruses from System.
We will talk about “Automatic Method” further in this article. This process is only about manual method which allows you to detect/delete all the malicious extensions or add-ons installed on your browser. The solution here will help you eliminate unwanted programs or applications from PCs, and remove PDFSearchApps related programs from System registry and so on.
You should read the manual guide carefully and follow each step one-by-one mentioned here. In case if you miss any step or jump to the next one by escaping, it might cause several other System problems. In other word, we can say that there is need of technical knowledge or enough computer knowledge to follow the manual steps. Let’s try to know the location of PDFSearchApps and other associated files in your computer, and remove all the components from System completely using manual method.
Remove PDFSearchApps and related component from Windows PCs manually
For Windows 10 users:
- Open “Setting” App by pressing “Windows + I” key together from keyboard
- Go to “Apps > Apps and Features”
- Locate PDFSearchApps related programs or other malicious applications in the list
- Click on malicious program and click on “Uninstall”.
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the program completely. Once done, please check if PDFSearchApps related files or program is removed.
For Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 users:
- Click on “Windows + R” key from keyboard to open “Run Dialog Box”
- Type “Control Panel” in “Run Dialog Box” and hit “Enter” key
- In the opened Control Panel, select “Programs and Features”
- Now, locate all the malicious programs related of PDFSearchApps in the list
- Click on it and then click on “Uninstall” button
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the malicious program.
For Windows 7 users:
- Click on “Start” button and type “Control Panel” in Windows Search
- In the opened Control Panel, go to “Uninstall a Program” option
- Now, find all the malicious programs in the list
- Select it and click on “Uninstall” button.
- Wait for the completion. Once done, please check if PDFSearchApps related programs is removed.
For Windows XP users:
- Click on “Start” button and click on “Control Panel”
- In the opened Control Panel, Go to “Add or Remove Program” option
- Locate PDFSearchApps and other malicious programs in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” to remove it from PCs
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to finish the uninstall process.
Remove PDFSearchApps from “Windows Registry Editor”
- Press “Windows + R” key together from keyboard to open “Run Dialog Box”
- In the opened “Run Dialog Box”, type ”regedit” and hit “Enter” key to open “Windows Registry Editor” App
- In the opened “Registry Editor” Window, search for registry entries created by PDFSearchApps and delete it permanently. Navigate the following location give below and delete PDFSearchApps from here
“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run” “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run” “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce” “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce”
- Once done, close “Registry Editor” window and please check if PDFSearchApps related files is removed.
Delete PDFSearchApps and related components from Mac OS X manually
Stop PDFSearchApps related malicious programs from “Activity Monitor”
- Go to “Go > Utilities” to open “Utilities” Folder
- Navigate the “Activity Monitor” icon in the list and double-click on it to open
- Find all the malicious process related to PDFSearchApps and click on “cross button” on upper left corner to end the task
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Fore Quit” option. Once done, please check if PDFSearchApps related files is removed.
Remove PDFSearchApps from “Applications” folder
- Go to “Go > Applications” to open “Applications” folder
- Now, locate PDFSearchApps related programs in the applications folder
- Right click on malicious one and click on “Move To Trash” button
Remove PDFSearchApps from “LaunchAgents” folder
- Navigate to “Go > Go to Folder” and type “/Library/LaunchAgents” and then hit “Go” button
- Now, find all entry related to PDFSearchApps from “LaunchAgents” folder.
- Click on it and the drag it to “Trash” Folder
Remove PDFSearchApps related programs from “Application Support” folder
- Navigate “Go > Go to Folder”
- Type “/Library/Application Support” in “Go To Folder” and hit “Go” button
- Now, search for PDFSearchApps related infection in “Application Support” folder
- Select it and drag it to “Trash” folder
Uninstall malicious programs related to PDFSearchApps from “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Press “COMMAND + SHIFT + G” button together to open “Go to Folder”
- In the opened “Go To Folder”, type “/Library/LaunchDaemons” and click on “Go” button
- Now, locate PDFSearchApps related entry in “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Select the malicious one and move it to “Trash” Folder
Remove all extensions, add-ons or plug-ins related to PDFSearchApps from web browsers
Remove malicious extensions from Google Chrome
- Open “Google Chrome” browser and click on “Chrome Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “More Tools > Extensions” option
- Now, locate the malicious extensions associated with PDFSearchApps in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Trash” icon
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Remove” button. Once done, please check if PDFSearchApps related extensions is removed.
Reset Google Chrome:
- Open “Google Chrome” browser and click on “Gear icon” or “Chrome Menu”
- Select “Settings” and scroll down to bottom of screen and click on “Advanced” link
- Click on “Reset” button and to confirm reset the Google Chrome Settings, click on “Reset” button on confirmation dialog box.
Delete malicious extensions from Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” browser and click on “Firefox Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “Add-ons > Extensions”
- Now, find recently installed malicious add-ons or extensions related to PDFSearchApps in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button to remove it completely
Reset Mozilla Firefox:
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” browser and click on “Firefox Menu”
- Go to “Help > Troubleshooting Information”
- In the opened window, click on “Refresh Firefox” button
- After that, click “Refresh Firefox” button on confirmation dialog box and reset the Firefox settings
Remove all the extensions or plug-ins related to PDFSearchApps from Internet Explorer
- Open “Internet Explorer” browser and click on “Gear icon” at the top right corner of Internet Explorer browser
- Go to “Manage add-ons > Toolbars and Extensions”
- Now, find PDFSearchApps related extensions in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Disable” button to remove it permanently
Reset Internet Explorer:
- Open “Internet Explorer” browser and click on “Gear icon” or “Tool Menu”
- Click on “Internet Options” and select “Advanced” tab
- Now, click on “Reset” button
- In the confirmation dialog box, mark the “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on “Reset” button again
Uninstall PDFSearchApps related plug-ins from Microsoft Edge
- Open “Microsoft Edge” browser and click on “Edge Gear” icon at the top right corner
- Select “Extensions” and search for recently installed plug-ins or extensions in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button
Reset Microsoft Edge:
- Open “Microsoft Edge” browser and click on “Edge Menu”
- Select “Settings” and click on “Reset Settings” button to rest the Microsoft Edge Settings
Remove PDFSearchApps related extensions or add-ons from Safari browser
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Go to “Preferences > Extensions”
- Now, locate PDFSearchApps related extensions in the list
- Select it and click on “Uninstall” to remove it completely
Reset Safari browser:
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Select “Clear History and Website Data…..”
- In the opened window, choose “All History” option and click on “Clear History” button
Automatic method of PDFSearchApps removal
The procedures mentioned above is all about manual method of PDFSearchApps removal means you can remove any malicious applications, add-ins or extensions, malicious registry entries from computer and browser. But these processes are time consuming and needs lots of technical knowledge to implement. So, you can go for automatic method of malware removal. This procedure will be helpful for both technical & non-technical users and they could remove all types of infection from their Windows OS and Mac OS X computer in very quick time. Let’s go for automatic method.
Automatic method: Remove PDFSearchApps and related components from Windows PCs
Here, we suggest you to download/install and use “SpyHunter” anti-malware software on your Windows OS based devices. This security tool will help you to delete all the components related of PDFSearchApps from your machine in few minutes. However, both technical and non-technical users can easily use this application and remove unwanted programs from their PCs.
“SpyHunter” security application is designed to detect and delete all types of malware including adware, potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), PUAs, rootkits, browser hijackers, Trojan horse virus, backdoor virus, worms, keyloggers and other types of malware.
“SpyHunter” anti-malware is powerful security tool that works on advance scanning mechanism to identify viruses quickly. It is in-built with enhanced multi-layer process that helps you to search for all types of malware. This security application is capable of detecting and removing all kinks of malware or viruses from machine.
This security application features user friendly interface and 24 * 7 Customer Support, HelpDesk customer support service, and the support team delivers custom malware fixes with help of HelpDesk feature.
How to download/install and use “SpyHunter” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button given below to go to “SpyHunter” page and download the “SpyHunter” software
- Once downloaded, double-click on “Installer” file to install the program on your machine
- Follow On-Screen instructions to install “SpyHunter”.
- Once done, open “SpyHunter” and click on “Start Scan Now” button to start scanning process. For the first time, you should select “Full Scan” option
- Now, click on “View Scan Results” to see the list of detected threats or infections
- After that, click on “Next” button to registry the software and remove permanently if you find PDFSearchApps related infections.
Automatic Method: Remove PDFSearchApps and all related components from Mac OS X
It is possible to remove PDFSearchApps related programs from Mac OS X based devices. We have already discussed about manual method of PDFSearchApps removal for Mac devices in the procedure above. Now comes to automatic method. We advise you to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software on Mac OS X devices.
“Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software is powerful security application that is designed to protect your Mac PC against PDFSearchApps related malware and also optimized overall PC performance as well. This anti-malware follows the best mechanism to find out the malicious files and throw way from targeted one. It provides you best and most effective solution in such situation. So, you can scan your PC using this powerful security application.
How to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button to download “Combo Cleaner” on your Mac
- Once downloaded, drag the “Installer” file to “Applications” folder to install the program
- Once installed, open the “Combo Cleaner” application and go to “Antivirus Tab”
- Select “Scan Mode” and click on “Start Scan”
- All the hidden threats will appear on the screen. Now, click on “Remove All Threats” button