Easy steps to delete phantom ransomware
phantom ransomware is dangerous file encrypting virus that uses AES encryption algorithms in order to encrypt various files that are available on your desktop screen. In other words, it is the Cryptovirus that can also be called phantomchina virus because it mainly focuses on Chinese language. This dubious threat mainly target Chinese speaking and English speaking users all over the world in order to tick them. This kind of threats usually changes the name of encrypted files by adding their own malicious extensions as suffix. For example, a file named 1.jpg will get changed to 1.jpg.phantom when this malware attack the targeted machine.
File Encryption and Ransom Demand
After that phantom ransomware virus demands money for the locked file in the created ransom note named !How_To_Decrypt_My_File_如何解密我的文件.hta. The created message states victims that in order to restore encrypted files users are advised to write and email to the cyber criminals and provide ID from the ransom note and other details needed to identify. The main goal of these cyber criminals is to extort huge amount of ransom money from the victims. The price of tool is not mentioned it depends on how quickly users contact the cyber hackers.
Additionally, before paying money users are offered for free test decryption by attaching 1 infected file to the email. According to this vicious virus the only possible way to restore data is to use unique decryption key which has been stored on third party server. Apart from this, users are also alerted not to decrypt encrypted file manually or try to rename with third party software as it may leads permanent data loss. The details mentioned in ransom note are true but the people behind phantom ransomware are not trustable. So, you must ignore them and don’t pay any ransom amount to them.
Text presented in phantom ransomware’s pop-up window:
If you want to restore them, write us to the e-mail: [email protected]
Write this Your ID in the body of your message
You have to pay for decryption in Bitcoins. The price depends on how fast you write to us. After payment we will send you the decryption tool that will decrypt all your files.
Free decryption test as guarantee !
Integrity is our principle!
Before paying you can send us up to 1 file for free decryption. The total size of files must be less than 2Mb (non archived), and files should not contain valuable information. (databases, backups, large excel sheets, etc.)
Do not rename encrypted files !
Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss !
Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price (they add their fee to our) or you can become a victim of a scam !
How to restore encoded files?
By going through the ransom note, if you are thinking that paying money to them is the only solution to get files back then it is very bad idea. In order to pay money, many users have complained earlier that after making complete payment then did not get decryption key. They start ignoring victims and not even answer their calls or messages. Due to this, users lose both their files as well as money. Without paying money you can recover your files but first of all you have to remove phantom ransomware using anti-malware removal tool from the computer. After that, restore your files by using backup or other third party data recovery tool.
How it intrude?
These types of nasty malware viruses are mostly spread through spam emails. Spam campaigns are used to send thousands of deceptive emails that contain malicious attachments such as PDF documents, archive files, executable files and so on to the users in order to trick them. Once opened, it starts downloading and installing malware. Instead this, bundles of free software programs, suspicious websites, harmful links, porn or torrent files, unsafe file network are also the major sources of malware intrusion. Hackers behind this only focused on making money and they don’t care about your files. So, it is important to delete this dubious malware immediately.
Remove phantom ransomware
Complete removal instructions have been described below in step by step manner under this article. Go through it so that you will not find any trouble while performing ransomware removal process. You can also use reliable antivirus removal tool to remove phantom ransomware completely and safely from the computer.
Name: phantom ransomware
Type: Ransomware, Cryptovirus
Encrypted file extension: .phantom
Ransom demanding message: !How_To_Decrypt_My_File_如何解密我的文件.hta
Cyber criminal contact: [email protected]
Short Description: The ransomware encrypts files on your computer machine and demands a ransom to be paid to allegedly restore them.
Symptoms: The ransomware will blackmail the victims to pay them a decryption fee. Sensitive user data may be encrypted by the ransomware code.
Distribution methods: infected email attachment, torrent websites, malicious ads, bundles of free software programs, unsafe file sharing networks and other vicious tricks.
Damage: all files are encrypted and cannot be opened without paying ransom. Additional password stealing Trojan and malware infection can be installed along with ransomware infections.
Removal: To remove phantom ransomware, we recommend you to use reliable anti-malware removal tool. Once PC gets cleaned, you can recover your files by using data recovery tool.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘phantom ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like phantom ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Solution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for phantom ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
phantom ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove phantom ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove phantom ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with phantom ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to phantom ransomware from machine.
Remove phantom ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of phantom ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by phantom ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by phantom ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like phantom ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by phantom ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about phantom ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by phantom ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like phantom ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “Stellar Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by phantom ransomware.
“Stellar Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by phantom ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “Stellar Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “Stellar Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “Stellar Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “Stellar Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files