Easy methods to delete PowerMyMac
Technically, PowerMyMac is all said to be potentially unwanted program that is created and promoted by cyber crime master minds with illicit intentions. This program is disguise in such a manner that it may appear helpful, it pretends itself to be an easy option to clean, optimize and protect a system against a number of potential threats. However, talking about its reality, this application is just an unreliable computer utility or program which is developed only to do malign activities.
The actual function of this app is completely different from what is promoted in initial and just want to lure users and force them into buying its licensed version. If you too are being tricked to buy its full version copy, it’s just a trap by criminals to earn money and deceive you financially. As soon as PowerMyMac gets installed on your PC, it allow users to scan their device for large, duplicate files, old files, private data, system cache and other items.
However, none of them can be eliminated with the nonactivated version of the PowerMyMac app. Simply said, in order to use their features users need to pay money for it. So, in case a user somehow fall over it and pay the demanded cost the hackers gets benefit and victims get no profitable deals rather than being deceived. Therefore, the detection and instant removal of PowerMyMac is highly recommended for which here suggested tips can be very helpful.
Intrusion tactics of PUAs:
It is very common that PUAs (potentially unwanted applications) are commonly distributed by using misleading marketing techniques called bundling in which download or installation setups of other programs as additional offers are included. Developers hide information about additional offers behind custom or advanced option of download or installation setups. When users rush these setups and skip most of the installation process they often lead the inadvertent installation of unwanted applications. Sometimes unwanted downloads/installations of software can be caused by clicking on deceptive ads. It happens only when they click on ads that are designed to execute certain scripts.
How to avoid installation of PUAs?
To prevent intrusion of unnecessary programs, software should not be downloaded from unofficial websites, via third party downloader’s, installers, peer to peer networks like torrent clients and so on. They should only be downloaded and installed from reliable sources, and through direct download links. Ads that appear on questionable sites should not be clicked as they can be designed to open dubious pages or cause downloads or installations of some unwanted applications.
If unwanted extensions or plug-ins are already installed on a browser then should be removed immediately. During installation of any programs, always be attentive. Download/installation setups with settings like custom/advanced should always be checked for offers to download or install additionally included apps. Moreover, if your PC is already infected with PUAs like PowerMyMac, then we recommend running a scan with reliable removal tool that has the ability to eliminate them completely and safely.
Type: PUP, PUA, Mac malware, Mac virus
Functionality: Mac optimizer, cleaner
Description: Aims to modify the settings on your web browser in order to get it to cause browser redirects and display different advertisements.
Symptoms: Your web browser begins to display various types of online advertisements, which results in slowing down of your machine.
Distribution methods: deceptive pop-up ads, free software installers, corrupted websites, harmful links, pirated software and other social engineering methods.
Damage: monetary loss, identity theft, possible malware infections, slow system performance, unwanted warning pop-ups.
Removal: Both manual as well as automatic removal guidelines have been discussed below under this post.
If your Mac has been infected, try for powerful Anti-malware Combo Cleaner. It scans your entire drive and allow you search for malicious viruses. If you found any virus during scanning, it is suggested to eliminate soon.
Recommended methods for PowerMyMac removal: Solution for Mac OS X Devices
PowerMyMac is capable of injecting harmful codes in your Mac OS X devices without your knowledge and starts corrupting major genuine functions or applications in very quick time. To avoid the detection of malicious activities related to this virus, attackers attempt to block security applications/tools running in your device that causes serious troubles. So, you need to remove this type of infection as soon as possible.
It is possible to delete PowerMyMac and all the related components including unwanted programs from PCs and malicious extensions associated to this virus. Here, we are discussing about manual method and automatic method of malware removal that could help you to detect the location malicious files in your computer and remove them safely. Manual method is time consuming and requires lots of technical knowledge or enough computer Knowledge. On other hand, automatic method is user-friendly and easy method that can be helpful for both technical & non-technical users. Let’s take have a look at both the methods one-by-one.
Manual Method: Remove PowerMyMac related components from Mac OS X
Remove PowerMyMac related applications from “Applications” folder
- Click on “Finder” icon and select “Applications” to open “Applications” folder
- In the opened “Applications” folder, locate PowerMyMac related applications in the list
- Select the malicious one and drag it to “Trash” folder
Eliminate PowerMyMac from “LaunchAgents” folder
- Go to “Go > Go To Folder…”
- Type “/Library/LaunchAgents” in “Go To Folder..” and click on “Go” button
- Now, search for malicious programs in the list
- Select it and drag it to “Trash” folder
Remove PowerMyMac from “Application Support” folder
- Navigate to “Go > Go To Folder…”
- In the opened “Go To Folder”, type “/Library /Application Support” and then click on “Go” button
- Now, find the malicious files or folders related to PowerMyMac in the list
- Select the malicious one and drag it to “Trash” folder
Delete PowerMyMac from “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Press “COMMAND + SHIFT + G” together to open “Go To Folder”
- Type “/Library/LaunchDaemons” command in “Go To Folder” and hit “Go” button
- Check for any malicious files or folders associated with PowerMyMac in the list
- Select it and drag it to “Trash” folder
Manual method: Remove all the malicious extensions or add-ons related to PowerMyMac from web browsers
Remove malicious extensions or add-ons from Safari browser
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Go to “Preferences > Extensions”
- Now, find the malicious extensions in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Uninstall” button to remove the extensions
Uninstall all the plug-ins related to PowerMyMac from Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” and click on “Firefox Menu” or “Gear Menu”
- Go to “Add-ons > Extensions”
- Now, look for any recently installed suspicious add-ons in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button
Remove PowerMyMac related extensions from Google Chrome
- Open “Google Chrome” and click on “Chrome Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “More Tools > Extensions”
- Locate malicious extensions or plug-ins in the list
- Remove the malicious one by clicking on “Remove” button
Automatic method: Remove PowerMyMac and other infections from Mac Computer
The solution given above is about manual method of malware removal. Now comes to automatic method, we advise to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software to eliminate all types of malware or spyware from your Mac OS X devices in very quick time. There is no need technical knowledge to implement this step i.e., both technical & non-technical users can easily use this tool for malware elimination.
“Combo Cleaner” antivirus software is powerful security program for Mac OS X devices that is designed to perform various actions against threats and help to boost up the PC performance. It features adware scanning, malware scanning, disk cleaner, smart scanning, external hard drive scanning, duplicate file finder, privacy scanner, big files finder, App uninstaller, etc.
Main features of “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware:
Disk cleaner: This powerful anti-malware software evaluates the contents of your hard disk and advises on the amount of memory that’s safe to remove. It detects unnecessary application caches, downloads, app logs and allow for emptying the “Trash” folder in just one click.
Big File Finder: It checks your local and external storage device for items that take up much disk space and may no longer on your Mac. The default preset looks for files larger than 100 MB, but you can easily customize this parameter by indicating a smaller value.
Duplicate Files finder: This powerful anti-malware is also capable of detecting identical copies or similar matches of same file particularly relevant for photos, audio files and videos which are often download repeatedly.
Antivirus: It is one of fundamental components of “Combo Cleaner” security software that allows users to scan their PCs for malware or other types of infections. It identifies Mac Malware including adware, browser hijackers, popup viruses, Trojan, worm or other types of malware.
Privacy Scanner: It focuses on analyzing the installed web browsers and email clients for “breadcrumbs” that may disclose your personal data and thus pose risk to your identity. This powerful antivirus software takes care of sneaky threats to your online privacy as well as boosts browser performance by removing junk from browser.
How to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware in your computer
- Locate the “Installer file” and drag it to “Applications” folder
- Open “Combo Cleaner” and click on “Antivirus” tab
- Now, click on “Start Scan Now” button to start the scan
- It will display scan results on screen. If it shows “No Threats Found”, this mean that you can continue with removal guide and if it shows the list of threats detected by this security tool, then click on “Remove All Threats” button to remove them