Delete .Pulpit file ransomware frequently
.Pulpit file ransomware is a ransomware type virus that was discovered by S!Ri. All the files stored on computer are infected when this perilous threat intrudes inside the PC. The filenames even changed and are assigned by “.pulpit” extension name. As an example, a file named 11.jpg after encrypted by this threat will be renamed as 11.jpg.pulpit. The encrypted files become useless and this allows the developers demand a ransom fee as a ransom to put these files in its original accessible condition.
A ransom note containing short message appears in a text file format “HOW_TO_DECYPHER_FILES.txt” to inform victims about the attack and instruct them paying ransom money to the ransomware developers to get a unique decryption tool from them. The created ransom note states that in order to decrypt the files users must have to contact cyber criminals through the provided email address. Once contacted, the developers will provide further information on how to provide the payment and get that decryption tool.
Text presented in Pulpit the “HOW_TO_DECYPHER_FILES.txt” ransom note:
Your files are safe…
Why users should not pay the ransom money
.Pulpit file ransomware is a cyber threat which is designed by potent cyber criminals. They distribute it just for monetary purposes. Cyber experts say not to believe these criminals. There is no any guarantee that these scammers will provide you the decryption key even if you fulfill all their demands. Paying money to this evil minded people is equivalent to provide the crucial money for nothing in return.
Unfortunately, there is no any decryption software available at present that decrypt this ransomware code. Thus, you have to rely on any existing backup for the data recovery. Before using it, make sure that you remove .Pulpit file ransomware effectively from your system. In order to remove this ransomware, users are instructed to use some reliable antivirus removal tool.
How did the infection occur?
It is not exactly known that what method cyber criminals behind this threat use to distribute ransomware and other malware. Nevertheless, most of the developers use one of these methods:
- Trojans: Trojans are the malicious programs or viruses that create chain of other malware to get inside.
- Spam email campaigns: It is used to spread computer infection by sending spam emails that contain some malicious attachments. Once opened, download associated ransomware or other malware.
- Software cracking tools: These supposedly offer paid software for free.
- Unofficial software updates: present outdated software bugs or flaws.
- Unofficial software download sources: such as torrent sites, peer to peer sharing networks and shareware programs present malicious apps to be a legitimate one.
How to protect system from ransomware infections?
You should do safe online activity for this. The intrusion could happen when you open some spam email attachment, download any software from unreliable sources, update any software malicious websites, and visit some pornographic sites or free online games. You should stay away from these vicious sources. Use official websites and direct links for any software download and use custom or advanced option of installation to avoid any unwanted app. Moreover, install some reputable antivirus tool that prevent the system from any big issues.
Name: .Pulpit file ransomware
Type: Ransomware, Cryptovirus, Files-locker
Ransom demanding message: HOW_TO_DECYPHER_FILES.txt
Short Description: The ransomware encrypts files on your computer system and demands a ransom to be paid to allegedly recover them.
Symptoms: The .Pulpit file ransomware will encrypt your files by appending the .pulpit extension to them.
Distribution: Spam emails, email attachments, deceptive pop-up ads, freeware and shareware programs, corrupted websites, harmful links and so on.
Damage: all files are encrypted and cannot be opened without paying money. Other additional malware infection installed together with ransomware.
Removal: Use Spyhunter to remove .Pulpit file ransomware automatically from the system.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘.Pulpit file ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like .Pulpit file ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Soution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for .Pulpit file ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
.Pulpit file ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove .Pulpit file ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove .Pulpit file ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with .Pulpit file ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to .Pulpit file ransomware from machine.
Remove .Pulpit file ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of .Pulpit file ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by .Pulpit file ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by .Pulpit file ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like .Pulpit file ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by .Pulpit file ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about .Pulpit file ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by .Pulpit file ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like .Pulpit file ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by .Pulpit file ransomware.
“ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by .Pulpit file ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files