Quick steps to delete Rgnk ransomware from PC
Rgnk ransomware is newly detected file locker malware that comes under the family of ransomware. It is programmed to encrypt files on victimized computer and demand ransom money from the innocent users. This notorious malware silently enters into your computer and locks down all your files without having any permission. Then it adds its malicious .rgnk file extension to the end of all your file names and makes them totally inaccessible.
Text presented in pop-up window:
Unfortunately your files are encrypted, To decrypt your files follow the instructions
- you need a decrypt tool so that you can decrypt all of your files
- contact with us for our btc address if you want decrypt your files or you can do nothing just wait your files gona be deleted
- you can provide a file which size less than 3M for us to prove that we can decrypt your files after you paid
- it is wise to pay in the first time it wont cause you more losses
you can send your DEVICE ID to mail address below
Complete details about Rgnk ransomware:
Whenever you try to open your encrypted documents it will show error message on your system screen. Moreover, Rgnk ransomware will also leave ransom note on your desktop to describe the payment and decryption method. The note also states that in order to decrypt encrypted files users need to contact cyber criminals by writing them an email on the provided email address. Remember, without using decryption tool accessing even single file is impossible. Unfortunately, all the keys are stored into the remote server therefore you need to contact cyber criminals.
Additionally, it will provide you some time to pay ransom money through Bitcoin. Further, users are also alerted not to decrypt encrypted files or try to rename them by using third party software otherwise it may results into permanent data damage. nonetheless, regardless of the asked for quantity people need to stay away from paying the ransom virus. Cyber frauds are unfair, even after paying money they start ignoring victims. This is why, paying the ransom generally does not provide any positive outcome and people simply lose their money for nothing.
What Victim should do?
We strongly recommend you do not contact these crooks and immediately do not transfer money into their accounts. Regrettably, there are no any tools available that can crack Rgnk ransomware encryption and recover the data totally free. Hence, the only right decision is to recover the lost data from the available backup. Beware that if you create such backups then you need to place special storage which is not connected to your main device such as USB Flash Drive or external hard drive. If you keep backup files on your common system this virus will re-encrypt all other files.
How did ransomware intrude?
Rgnk ransomware mainly sneak into PC through shareware, spam emails, suspicious websites, bundled free programs, cracked software and peer to peer sharing files. Once installed, this dubious malware infection can easily disable all your security programs to avoid its removal. It will also change desktop wallpaper with a ransom image. Despite this, this virus will also threat users to delete all the files if they don’t pay money on the given time. So, you are advised to completely remove this malware from your machine.
How to prevent ransomware infection?
Use official websites and direct download links for any software download and avoid using untrustworthy download sources as they can offer bundled content. Similarly, use only official developers provided tools and implemented functions for any installed software update. Avoid opening any attachments provided on emails whose senders seem suspicious or unknown as it cause installation of malware once opened. Cracking tools are illegal to use and often cause computer infection. Further, use some antivirus tool that prevents any malicious executables from being launched. To remove Rgnk ransomware from the PC, you are advised to use some reliable antivirus removal tool.
Name: Rgnk ransomware
Type: File locker, Ransomware, File coder, Crypto virus, Crypto malware
Ransom note: not mentioned
Extension used: .rgnk
Symptoms: Encrypted files. Your photos, documents and music have different extension appended at the end of the file name. After that ransom demanding message note appears on your desktop which informs you about encryption.
Distribution ways: Spam mails that contain malicious links. Drive-by downloading (when a user unknowingly visits an infected web page and then malware is installed without the user’s knowledge). Social media posts (they can be used to entice users to download malware with a built-in ransomware downloader or click a malicious link). Torrent web-sites.
Damage: All files are encrypted and cannot be opened without paying a ransom. Additional password-stealing Trojans and malware infections can be installed together with a ransomware infection.
Removal: Use Spyhunter to remove Rgnk ransomware automatically from the PC.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘Rgnk ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Rgnk ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Solution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for Rgnk ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
Rgnk ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove Rgnk ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove Rgnk ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with Rgnk ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to Rgnk ransomware from machine.
Remove Rgnk ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of Rgnk ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by Rgnk ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by Rgnk ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like Rgnk ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by Rgnk ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about Rgnk ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by Rgnk ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like Rgnk ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “Stellar Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by Rgnk ransomware.
“Stellar Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by Rgnk ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “Stellar Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “Stellar Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “Stellar Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “Stellar Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files