Proper guide to delete Search-find.net
Search-find.net is a browser hijacker that makes unnecessary and mysterious changes in the browser settings without permission. It also installs suspicious plug-ins or add-ons in the browser that spy on user’s activities and lead to data theft. In most cases, victims download such PUPs accidentally without realizing that the downloaded application is harmful for the computer performance and for the security of their personal data. The freeware package, application downloaded from torrent and sharing networks etc often spread this kind of malware.
As soon as it settles down successfully, it starts modifying the browser settings. The default URL, homepage and search engine replaced to Search-find.net. This can happen with all installed browsers including Google chrome, Mozilla Firefox, IE, Opera, Edge and so on. You are blocked to revert the modifications made by the cyber criminals with the help of malicious scripts and payloads. Using the new search engine provider is very risky and that’s why it is never recommended to use them. They support sponsored webpage that are full of manipulative contents and intrusive ads.
As well as unwanted redirects, Search-find.net browser hijackers also track users internet browsing activity by recording IP addresses, pages viewed, visited websites, URLs search, geo-location and so on. Afterwards, all collected details are shared with third parties who might be cyber criminals who misuse those data in order to generate revenue. This useless behavior leads to serious privacy issues or even identity exposure. So, if you encounter unwanted redirects, then uninstall installed browser hijacker and never visit such sites in any situation.
How did Search-find.net install?
Search-find.net has its own official download websites but developers behind this use deceptive marketing method called bundling to distribute this application. Bundling is described as the stealth installation of third party applications together with regular software. What’s more, developers hide bundled programs within custom or advance settings of installation processes. Thus, users are in a hurry and they skip all the installation procedures and often cause inadvertent installation of unnecessary programs. Apart from this, these PUAs also spread through intrusive advertisements that are designed to cause certain malicious/harmful scripts.
How to prevent intruding PUAs?
To avoid intrusion of browser hijackers like Search-find.net, it is important to research about content before downloading and installing it. While installing, read the installation guide carefully till the end and select custom or advance options of installation setups. Always use official or verified sources to download/install any software. Other untrustworthy channels like third party installer, free file hosting sites, unofficial pages, p2p sharing networks and other similar sources should be avoided as they are used to proliferate malware. Furthermore, it is not safe to click on ads that are displayed on shady pages related to pornography, adult-dating and so on as they open various untrustworthy pages or even cause unwanted downloads or installations.
Manual malware removal instructions might be lengthy and time-consuming so that it requires lots of time to delete this nasty threat. If you have much knowledge about computer then you can go through it otherwise you can use reliable antimalware removal tool that has the capability to remove Search-find.net and all PUAs soon from the compromised system.
Type: Browser hijacker, Redirect, PUA, Search hijacker
Mostly affected browsers: Google chrome, Opera, Internet Explorer, Safari, Mozilla Firefox and many other browsers.
Description: It is another hectic browser hijacker that impacts all your installed browsers to promote its fake search engine.
Distribution: deceptive pop-up ads, software bundling, peer to peer sharing networks such as torrent clients, eMule and so on, porn or torrent sites and many more.
Symptoms: alter homepage, default search engine and new tab settings, redirect you to dubious websites that contain lots of infections and display lots of intrusive advertisements.
Risks: exposes user to suspicious and potentially dangerous content, collect and track users browsing related information including IP addresses, entered search queries, pages viewed and other similar details.
Elimination: To remove Search-find.net and all infiltrated browser hijackers, our security expert recommend users to use some reputable antivirus removal tool such as Spyhunter.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘Search-find.net‘ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Search-find.net as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
Recommended Methods for Search-find.net removal from computer
Search-find.net is very dangerous threats designed to injects malicious codes in each location of your computer and damage your computer in very quick time. So, it is important to detect all components related to this virus and attempt to delete as soon as possible. Here, we are discussing about manual and automatic method of malware removal that could help you to remove adware, PUA, PUP, Trojan, worms or other harmful viruses from System.
We will talk about “Automatic Method” further in this article. This process is only about manual method which allows you to detect/delete all the malicious extensions or add-ons installed on your browser. The solution here will help you eliminate unwanted programs or applications from PCs, and remove Search-find.net related programs from System registry and so on.
You should read the manual guide carefully and follow each step one-by-one mentioned here. In case if you miss any step or jump to the next one by escaping, it might cause several other System problems. In other word, we can say that there is need of technical knowledge or enough computer knowledge to follow the manual steps. Let’s try to know the location of Search-find.net and other associated files in your computer, and remove all the components from System completely using manual method.
Remove Search-find.net and related component from Windows PCs manually
For Windows 10 users:
- Open “Setting” App by pressing “Windows + I” key together from keyboard
- Go to “Apps > Apps and Features”
- Locate Search-find.net related programs or other malicious applications in the list
- Click on malicious program and click on “Uninstall”.
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the program completely. Once done, please check if Search-find.net related files or program is removed.
For Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 users:
- Click on “Windows + R” key from keyboard to open “Run Dialog Box”
- Type “Control Panel” in “Run Dialog Box” and hit “Enter” key
- In the opened Control Panel, select “Programs and Features”
- Now, locate all the malicious programs related of Search-find.net in the list
- Click on it and then click on “Uninstall” button
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to uninstall the malicious program.
For Windows 7 users:
- Click on “Start” button and type “Control Panel” in Windows Search
- In the opened Control Panel, go to “Uninstall a Program” option
- Now, find all the malicious programs in the list
- Select it and click on “Uninstall” button.
- Wait for the completion. Once done, please check if Search-find.net related programs is removed.
For Windows XP users:
- Click on “Start” button and click on “Control Panel”
- In the opened Control Panel, Go to “Add or Remove Program” option
- Locate Search-find.net and other malicious programs in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” to remove it from PCs
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to finish the uninstall process.
Remove Search-find.net from “Windows Registry Editor”
- Press “Windows + R” key together from keyboard to open “Run Dialog Box”
- In the opened “Run Dialog Box”, type ”regedit” and hit “Enter” key to open “Windows Registry Editor” App
- In the opened “Registry Editor” Window, search for registry entries created by Search-find.net and delete it permanently. Navigate the following location give below and delete Search-find.net from here
“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run” “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run” “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce” “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce”
- Once done, close “Registry Editor” window and please check if Search-find.net related files is removed.
Delete Search-find.net and related components from Mac OS X manually
Stop Search-find.net related malicious programs from “Activity Monitor”
- Go to “Go > Utilities” to open “Utilities” Folder
- Navigate the “Activity Monitor” icon in the list and double-click on it to open
- Find all the malicious process related to Search-find.net and click on “cross button” on upper left corner to end the task
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Fore Quit” option. Once done, please check if Search-find.net related files is removed.
Remove Search-find.net from “Applications” folder
- Go to “Go > Applications” to open “Applications” folder
- Now, locate Search-find.net related programs in the applications folder
- Right click on malicious one and click on “Move To Trash” button
Remove Search-find.net from “LaunchAgents” folder
- Navigate to “Go > Go to Folder” and type “/Library/LaunchAgents” and then hit “Go” button
- Now, find all entry related to Search-find.net from “LaunchAgents” folder.
- Click on it and the drag it to “Trash” Folder
Remove Search-find.net related programs from “Application Support” folder
- Navigate “Go > Go to Folder”
- Type “/Library/Application Support” in “Go To Folder” and hit “Go” button
- Now, search for Search-find.net related infection in “Application Support” folder
- Select it and drag it to “Trash” folder
Uninstall malicious programs related to Search-find.net from “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Press “COMMAND + SHIFT + G” button together to open “Go to Folder”
- In the opened “Go To Folder”, type “/Library/LaunchDaemons” and click on “Go” button
- Now, locate Search-find.net related entry in “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Select the malicious one and move it to “Trash” Folder
Remove all extensions, add-ons or plug-ins related to Search-find.net from web browsers
Remove malicious extensions from Google Chrome
- Open “Google Chrome” browser and click on “Chrome Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “More Tools > Extensions” option
- Now, locate the malicious extensions associated with Search-find.net in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Trash” icon
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Remove” button. Once done, please check if Search-find.net related extensions is removed.
Reset Google Chrome:
- Open “Google Chrome” browser and click on “Gear icon” or “Chrome Menu”
- Select “Settings” and scroll down to bottom of screen and click on “Advanced” link
- Click on “Reset” button and to confirm reset the Google Chrome Settings, click on “Reset” button on confirmation dialog box.
Delete malicious extensions from Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” browser and click on “Firefox Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “Add-ons > Extensions”
- Now, find recently installed malicious add-ons or extensions related to Search-find.net in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button to remove it completely
Reset Mozilla Firefox:
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” browser and click on “Firefox Menu”
- Go to “Help > Troubleshooting Information”
- In the opened window, click on “Refresh Firefox” button
- After that, click “Refresh Firefox” button on confirmation dialog box and reset the Firefox settings
Remove all the extensions or plug-ins related to Search-find.net from Internet Explorer
- Open “Internet Explorer” browser and click on “Gear icon” at the top right corner of Internet Explorer browser
- Go to “Manage add-ons > Toolbars and Extensions”
- Now, find Search-find.net related extensions in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Disable” button to remove it permanently
Reset Internet Explorer:
- Open “Internet Explorer” browser and click on “Gear icon” or “Tool Menu”
- Click on “Internet Options” and select “Advanced” tab
- Now, click on “Reset” button
- In the confirmation dialog box, mark the “Delete Personal Settings” and then click on “Reset” button again
Uninstall Search-find.net related plug-ins from Microsoft Edge
- Open “Microsoft Edge” browser and click on “Edge Gear” icon at the top right corner
- Select “Extensions” and search for recently installed plug-ins or extensions in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button
Reset Microsoft Edge:
- Open “Microsoft Edge” browser and click on “Edge Menu”
- Select “Settings” and click on “Reset Settings” button to rest the Microsoft Edge Settings
Remove Search-find.net related extensions or add-ons from Safari browser
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Go to “Preferences > Extensions”
- Now, locate Search-find.net related extensions in the list
- Select it and click on “Uninstall” to remove it completely
Reset Safari browser:
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Select “Clear History and Website Data…..”
- In the opened window, choose “All History” option and click on “Clear History” button
Automatic method of Search-find.net removal
The procedures mentioned above is all about manual method of Search-find.net removal means you can remove any malicious applications, add-ins or extensions, malicious registry entries from computer and browser. But these processes are time consuming and needs lots of technical knowledge to implement. So, you can go for automatic method of malware removal. This procedure will be helpful for both technical & non-technical users and they could remove all types of infection from their Windows OS and Mac OS X computer in very quick time. Let’s go for automatic method.
Automatic method: Remove Search-find.net and related components from Windows PCs
Here, we suggest you to download/install and use “SpyHunter” anti-malware software on your Windows OS based devices. This security tool will help you to delete all the components related of Search-find.net from your machine in few minutes. However, both technical and non-technical users can easily use this application and remove unwanted programs from their PCs.
“SpyHunter” security application is designed to detect and delete all types of malware including adware, potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), PUAs, rootkits, browser hijackers, Trojan horse virus, backdoor virus, worms, keyloggers and other types of malware.
“SpyHunter” anti-malware is powerful security tool that works on advance scanning mechanism to identify viruses quickly. It is in-built with enhanced multi-layer process that helps you to search for all types of malware. This security application is capable of detecting and removing all kinks of malware or viruses from machine.
This security application features user friendly interface and 24 * 7 Customer Support, HelpDesk customer support service, and the support team delivers custom malware fixes with help of HelpDesk feature.
How to download/install and use “SpyHunter” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button given below to go to “SpyHunter” page and download the “SpyHunter” software
- Once downloaded, double-click on “Installer” file to install the program on your machine
- Follow On-Screen instructions to install “SpyHunter”.
- Once done, open “SpyHunter” and click on “Start Scan Now” button to start scanning process. For the first time, you should select “Full Scan” option
- Now, click on “View Scan Results” to see the list of detected threats or infections
- After that, click on “Next” button to registry the software and remove permanently if you find Search-find.net related infections.
Automatic Method: Remove Search-find.net and all related components from Mac OS X
It is possible to remove Search-find.net related programs from Mac OS X based devices. We have already discussed about manual method of Search-find.net removal for Mac devices in the procedure above. Now comes to automatic method. We advise you to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software on Mac OS X devices.
“Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software is powerful security application that is designed to protect your Mac PC against Search-find.net related malware and also optimized overall PC performance as well. This anti-malware follows the best mechanism to find out the malicious files and throw way from targeted one. It provides you best and most effective solution in such situation. So, you can scan your PC using this powerful security application.
How to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button to download “Combo Cleaner” on your Mac
- Once downloaded, drag the “Installer” file to “Applications” folder to install the program
- Once installed, open the “Combo Cleaner” application and go to “Antivirus Tab”
- Select “Scan Mode” and click on “Start Scan”
- All the hidden threats will appear on the screen. Now, click on “Remove All Threats” button