Proper guide to delete Securesearch.me
Securesearch.me is dubious webpage that is promoted through the browser hijacker or potentially unwanted applications. Users could download or install this application unintentionally since developers often distribute this through bundling with other software or by using intrusive advertisements. Other negative association of this application is tracking the web browsing activities in order to steal sensitive information. In particular case, browser hijacker is specifically designed to add the “Managed by your organizations” feature to the Google chrome browser.
Once intrudes, Securesearch.me hijacks the most popular browsers including Google chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and similar assign the default search engine, homepage and new tab page to an address of a fake search engine. Such changes are minor. However, users will not be able to return previous browser settings options since the hijacker’s virus reassigns the changes time to time and prevents the users whenever they are trying to do so. Ultimately, users have no other choice rather than to visit this domain whenever they open a new browsing tab.
This behavior significantly diminishes the web browsing experience. Another reason due to which apps of this type should not be installed is that they are often designed to collect information relating to users browsing related like address of visited websites, IP addresses, entered search queries and other similar details. The developers could share the details to the third parties who might be cyber criminals who misuse the data to generate revenue. Thus, victims who have their browser hijacked by Securesearch.me are at a huge risk of becoming victim of identity theft.
Distribution of Securesearch.me:
The most popular ways is to distribute PUAs is to include them in download or installation setups of other programs as additional offers. This misleading marketing method for the distribution of software is called bundling. It is described as an undercover installation of unwanted applications that take place along with regular free software. Usually, additionally included apps can be found in setups of custom, advance or other settings. When users download or install programs without checking and changing aforementioned settings they often allow with offers to download or install included programs also. Sometimes, unwanted downloads/installations can also caused by clicking on deceptive ads that are mainly designed to execute malicious scripts.
How to avoid installation of unwanted programs?
It is advised not to download or install software from dubious download sources such as free file hosting sites, questionable pages, p2p sharing networks, third party downloader/installer and others. To do so, it is recommended to use only official pages and via direct download links. Choose custom or advanced options as well as other similar settings during the installation of any program.
Moreover, intrusive adverts are designed to redirect users to unreliable websites such as gambling, pornography and similar. If you encounter any such redirects, immediately remove malicious applications and browser plug-ins. To remove Securesearch.me and other browser hijacker infection from Mac OS, users are instructed to use some reliable removal tool.
Type: Browser Hijacker, PUP, Mac malware, Mac virus
Short Description: Each browser application on your computer could get affected. The hijacker can redirect you and will display lots of advertisements.
Symptoms: Browser settings which are altered are the homepage, search engine and the new tab.
Distribution Method: Freeware Installations, Bundled Packages, porn or torrent sites, malicious file downloads and many more.
Damage: Internet browser tracking (possibly privacy issues), display of unwanted ads, redirect to dubious websites and loss of private information.
Removal: Both manual as well as automatic removal guide has been prescribed below under this article.
If your Mac has been infected, try for powerful Anti-malware Combo Cleaner. It scans your entire drive and allow you search for malicious viruses. If you found any virus during scanning, it is suggested to eliminate soon.
Recommended methods for Securesearch.me removal: Solution for Mac OS X Devices
Securesearch.me is capable of injecting harmful codes in your Mac OS X devices without your knowledge and starts corrupting major genuine functions or applications in very quick time. To avoid the detection of malicious activities related to this virus, attackers attempt to block security applications/tools running in your device that causes serious troubles. So, you need to remove this type of infection as soon as possible.
It is possible to delete Securesearch.me and all the related components including unwanted programs from PCs and malicious extensions associated to this virus. Here, we are discussing about manual method and automatic method of malware removal that could help you to detect the location malicious files in your computer and remove them safely. Manual method is time consuming and requires lots of technical knowledge or enough computer Knowledge. On other hand, automatic method is user-friendly and easy method that can be helpful for both technical & non-technical users. Let’s take have a look at both the methods one-by-one.
Manual Method: Remove Securesearch.me related components from Mac OS X
Remove Securesearch.me related applications from “Applications” folder
- Click on “Finder” icon and select “Applications” to open “Applications” folder
- In the opened “Applications” folder, locate Securesearch.me related applications in the list
- Select the malicious one and drag it to “Trash” folder
Eliminate Securesearch.me from “LaunchAgents” folder
- Go to “Go > Go To Folder…”
- Type “/Library/LaunchAgents” in “Go To Folder..” and click on “Go” button
- Now, search for malicious programs in the list
- Select it and drag it to “Trash” folder
Remove Securesearch.me from “Application Support” folder
- Navigate to “Go > Go To Folder…”
- In the opened “Go To Folder”, type “/Library /Application Support” and then click on “Go” button
- Now, find the malicious files or folders related to Securesearch.me in the list
- Select the malicious one and drag it to “Trash” folder
Delete Securesearch.me from “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Press “COMMAND + SHIFT + G” together to open “Go To Folder”
- Type “/Library/LaunchDaemons” command in “Go To Folder” and hit “Go” button
- Check for any malicious files or folders associated with Securesearch.me in the list
- Select it and drag it to “Trash” folder
Manual method: Remove all the malicious extensions or add-ons related to Securesearch.me from web browsers
Remove malicious extensions or add-ons from Safari browser
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Go to “Preferences > Extensions”
- Now, find the malicious extensions in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Uninstall” button to remove the extensions
Uninstall all the plug-ins related to Securesearch.me from Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” and click on “Firefox Menu” or “Gear Menu”
- Go to “Add-ons > Extensions”
- Now, look for any recently installed suspicious add-ons in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button
Remove Securesearch.me related extensions from Google Chrome
- Open “Google Chrome” and click on “Chrome Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “More Tools > Extensions”
- Locate malicious extensions or plug-ins in the list
- Remove the malicious one by clicking on “Remove” button
Automatic method: Remove Securesearch.me and other infections from Mac Computer
The solution given above is about manual method of malware removal. Now comes to automatic method, we advise to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software to eliminate all types of malware or spyware from your Mac OS X devices in very quick time. There is no need technical knowledge to implement this step i.e., both technical & non-technical users can easily use this tool for malware elimination.
“Combo Cleaner” antivirus software is powerful security program for Mac OS X devices that is designed to perform various actions against threats and help to boost up the PC performance. It features adware scanning, malware scanning, disk cleaner, smart scanning, external hard drive scanning, duplicate file finder, privacy scanner, big files finder, App uninstaller, etc.
Main features of “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware:
Disk cleaner: This powerful anti-malware software evaluates the contents of your hard disk and advises on the amount of memory that’s safe to remove. It detects unnecessary application caches, downloads, app logs and allow for emptying the “Trash” folder in just one click.
Big File Finder: It checks your local and external storage device for items that take up much disk space and may no longer on your Mac. The default preset looks for files larger than 100 MB, but you can easily customize this parameter by indicating a smaller value.
Duplicate Files finder: This powerful anti-malware is also capable of detecting identical copies or similar matches of same file particularly relevant for photos, audio files and videos which are often download repeatedly.
Antivirus: It is one of fundamental components of “Combo Cleaner” security software that allows users to scan their PCs for malware or other types of infections. It identifies Mac Malware including adware, browser hijackers, popup viruses, Trojan, worm or other types of malware.
Privacy Scanner: It focuses on analyzing the installed web browsers and email clients for “breadcrumbs” that may disclose your personal data and thus pose risk to your identity. This powerful antivirus software takes care of sneaky threats to your online privacy as well as boosts browser performance by removing junk from browser.
How to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware in your computer
- Locate the “Installer file” and drag it to “Applications” folder
- Open “Combo Cleaner” and click on “Antivirus” tab
- Now, click on “Start Scan Now” button to start the scan
- It will display scan results on screen. If it shows “No Threats Found”, this mean that you can continue with removal guide and if it shows the list of threats detected by this security tool, then click on “Remove All Threats” button to remove them