Immediate steps to delete SpeedupMacPro
SpeedupMacPro is identified as fake system optimizer application that comes under the category of potentially unwanted program or adware. However, once it gets activated it claims to be legitimate tool that helps you to enhance browsing experience by deleting malicious files, fixing registry issues and other problems. Typically, users download and install these types of apps without paying enough attention. In order to avoid antivirus developers behind this use slightly different application names like SpeedupMac-Pro.
Additionally, it asks user to purchase for licensed version of this application to optimize performance of your computer. It allows users to run a free scan. Once finished, this scan displays a list of various problems. So, you are advised never trust on such claims and purchase this type of fake program. Further, SpeedupMacPro also makes modification to default settings of internet and browsers and disable antivirus and firewall security programs to avoid its removal and detection.
Furthermore, PUAs are often promoted along with other unwanted apps such as adware type and various other browser hijackers. As soon as it gets installed, they deliver lots of intrusive advertisements, open deceptive websites, collect personal and sensitive information and so on. It takes advantages of security loopholes and drops other dangerous threats such as worms, rootkits, Trojans and others. So, to fix all such problems you are advised not to trust on such apps that are promoted by using bundling method.
How it intrude?
Mostly PUAs can be downloaded and installed from its own official websites. Usually, users install it unintentionally but developers behind this use bundling method to invade unwanted apps into system. They hide information about such apps behind custom, advanced and other parts of the software download/installation setups. They do not reveal the information regarding the installed potentially unwanted applications. However, these unwanted downloads or installations can only be happened when users leave available settings unchanged and unchecked. Usually, it happens when people rush these procedures and do not read it carefully. So, to avoid all such issues, it is important to delete SpeedupMacPro as soon as possible.
How to avoid installation of PUAs?
Avoid using questionable websites, peer to peer sharing networks and other similar sources to download and install software. The most reliable option is to use official websites and through direct download links. During installation, it is important to read terms, check custom or advanced and other settings of any download or installation setup. Opt out for all additionally included apps and dismiss offers with the chosen software for download. Avoid clicking on intrusive ads especially if they are displayed on dubious pages related to pornography, adult dating and so on. To keep computer safe and secure you are advised to remove SpeedupMacPro and all PUAs soon from the infected Mac PC.
Threat Type: Mac malware, Mac virus, PUP, PUA
Short Description: A rogue system optimizer that detects fake issues on your computer. Generates lots of pop-up boxes, messages, and other ads.
Symptoms: Potentially unwanted program that generates scare messages and also tries to make you purchase the full version.
Distribution methods: Deceptive pop-up ads, free software installers (bundling), fake Flash Player installers, torrent file downloads and many more.
Damage: Internet browser tracking (potential privacy issues), display of unwanted ads, redirects to dubious websites, loss of private information.
Removal: In order to remove SpeedupMacPro you are highly advised to go through given below removal instructions or you can use Combo Cleaner.
If your Mac has been infected try for powerful Anti-malware Combo Cleaner that scans your entire drive and allow you search for malicious viruses. If you found any during scanning, it is suggested to eliminate soon.
Recommended methods for SpeedupMacPro removal: Solution for Mac OS X Devices
SpeedupMacPro is capable of injecting harmful codes in your Mac OS X devices without your knowledge and starts corrupting major genuine functions or applications in very quick time. To avoid the detection of malicious activities related to this virus, attackers attempt to block security applications/tools running in your device that causes serious troubles. So, you need to remove this type of infection as soon as possible.
It is possible to delete SpeedupMacPro and all the related components including unwanted programs from PCs and malicious extensions associated to this virus. Here, we are discussing about manual method and automatic method of malware removal that could help you to detect the location malicious files in your computer and remove them safely. Manual method is time consuming and requires lots of technical knowledge or enough computer Knowledge. On other hand, automatic method is user-friendly and easy method that can be helpful for both technical & non-technical users. Let’s take have a look at both the methods one-by-one.
Manual Method: Remove SpeedupMacPro related components from Mac OS X
Remove SpeedupMacPro related applications from “Applications” folder
- Click on “Finder” icon and select “Applications” to open “Applications” folder
- In the opened “Applications” folder, locate SpeedupMacPro related applications in the list
- Select the malicious one and drag it to “Trash” folder
Eliminate SpeedupMacPro from “LaunchAgents” folder
- Go to “Go > Go To Folder…”
- Type “/Library/LaunchAgents” in “Go To Folder..” and click on “Go” button
- Now, search for malicious programs in the list
- Select it and drag it to “Trash” folder
Remove SpeedupMacPro from “Application Support” folder
- Navigate to “Go > Go To Folder…”
- In the opened “Go To Folder”, type “/Library /Application Support” and then click on “Go” button
- Now, find the malicious files or folders related to SpeedupMacPro in the list
- Select the malicious one and drag it to “Trash” folder
Delete SpeedupMacPro from “LaunchDaemons” folder
- Press “COMMAND + SHIFT + G” together to open “Go To Folder”
- Type “/Library/LaunchDaemons” command in “Go To Folder” and hit “Go” button
- Check for any malicious files or folders associated with SpeedupMacPro in the list
- Select it and drag it to “Trash” folder
Manual method: Remove all the malicious extensions or add-ons related to SpeedupMacPro from web browsers
Remove malicious extensions or add-ons from Safari browser
- Open “Safari” browser and click on “Safari Menu”
- Go to “Preferences > Extensions”
- Now, find the malicious extensions in the list
- Select the malicious one and click on “Uninstall” button to remove the extensions
Uninstall all the plug-ins related to SpeedupMacPro from Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox” and click on “Firefox Menu” or “Gear Menu”
- Go to “Add-ons > Extensions”
- Now, look for any recently installed suspicious add-ons in the list
- Select it and click on “Remove” button
Remove SpeedupMacPro related extensions from Google Chrome
- Open “Google Chrome” and click on “Chrome Menu” or “Gear icon”
- Go to “More Tools > Extensions”
- Locate malicious extensions or plug-ins in the list
- Remove the malicious one by clicking on “Remove” button
Automatic method: Remove SpeedupMacPro and other infections from Mac Computer
The solution given above is about manual method of malware removal. Now comes to automatic method, we advise to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software to eliminate all types of malware or spyware from your Mac OS X devices in very quick time. There is no need technical knowledge to implement this step i.e., both technical & non-technical users can easily use this tool for malware elimination.
“Combo Cleaner” antivirus software is powerful security program for Mac OS X devices that is designed to perform various actions against threats and help to boost up the PC performance. It features adware scanning, malware scanning, disk cleaner, smart scanning, external hard drive scanning, duplicate file finder, privacy scanner, big files finder, App uninstaller, etc.
Main features of “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware:
Disk cleaner: This powerful anti-malware software evaluates the contents of your hard disk and advises on the amount of memory that’s safe to remove. It detects unnecessary application caches, downloads, app logs and allow for emptying the “Trash” folder in just one click.
Big File Finder: It checks your local and external storage device for items that take up much disk space and may no longer on your Mac. The default preset looks for files larger than 100 MB, but you can easily customize this parameter by indicating a smaller value.
Duplicate Files finder: This powerful anti-malware is also capable of detecting identical copies or similar matches of same file particularly relevant for photos, audio files and videos which are often download repeatedly.
Antivirus: It is one of fundamental components of “Combo Cleaner” security software that allows users to scan their PCs for malware or other types of infections. It identifies Mac Malware including adware, browser hijackers, popup viruses, Trojan, worm or other types of malware.
Privacy Scanner: It focuses on analyzing the installed web browsers and email clients for “breadcrumbs” that may disclose your personal data and thus pose risk to your identity. This powerful antivirus software takes care of sneaky threats to your online privacy as well as boosts browser performance by removing junk from browser.
How to download/install and use “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware software?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “Combo Cleaner” anti-malware in your computer
- Locate the “Installer file” and drag it to “Applications” folder
- Open “Combo Cleaner” and click on “Antivirus” tab
- Now, click on “Start Scan Now” button to start the scan
- It will display scan results on screen. If it shows “No Threats Found”, this mean that you can continue with removal guide and if it shows the list of threats detected by this security tool, then click on “Remove All Threats” button to remove them