Proper methods to delete SWP Ransomware
SWP Ransomware is recently discovered perilous malware infection that has file encrypting capabilities and therefore has been classified as a ransomware. This dubious malware is a part of Dharma ransomware family and was discovered by xiaopao. It has ability to infect almost all kinds of files including images, videos, documents, pictures, databases, presentations etc and other files of same type. While encrypting, it renames all files by adding developers email address, victim’s ID and by appending “.SWP” as the file extension.
After that, SWP Ransomware drops a ransom note FILES ENCRYPTED.txt on the desktop and displays pop-up window which inform you that all their files are encrypted by using sophisticated algorithm. It also provides data recovery instructions stating that in order to restore the affected files, you must purchase decryption tool from the developers behind this threat. The cost of key is not mentioned, typically it depends upon victims how fast they contact to the cyber criminals.
This perilous virus also shows threatening messages asking to make the payment within 48 to 96 hours otherwise the infected files will be deleted permanently. If you are considering dealing with the hackers, then we assure that it is a very bad idea. Crooks are never going to provide you the necessary tool even after taking the ransom. Usually, there are no any third party tools available that can release files that are encrypted by SWP Ransomware at least not at the current moment.
Name: SWP Ransomware
Type: File locking virus, Ransomware, Crypto-virus
Encrypted file extensions: .SWP
Ransom demanding message: pop-up window, FILES ENCRYPTED.txt
Short Description: The ransomware encrypts files on your computer machine and demands a ransom to be paid to allegedly restore them.
Symptoms: The ransomware will blackmail the victims to pay them a decryption fee. Sensitive user data may be encrypted by the ransomware code.
Damage: All files are encrypted and cannot be opened without paying a ransom. Additional password-stealing Trojans and malware infections can be installed together with a ransomware infection.
Distribution Method: Spam Emails, Email Attachments, deceptive pop-up ads, torrent file downloads, malicious websites, suspicious links and many more.
Removal: Use Spyhunter to remove SWP Ransomware automatically from the system. Once malware gets removed, restore your files using backup or other data recovery tool.
Avoid paying to the scammers
Whatever the worst circumstances might be, you should not pay to the cyber hackers. Cyber criminals behind this should not be trusted. There is no guaranteed that they will provide you the decrypter even after you fulfill at their demands. They are not as honest as you. They even cheat you and left you without your files. Sometimes, it was also noticed that the scammers provide some malicious software in place of the decrypter, while installation of that software victims invited more malicious malware into the PC. So, avoid paying money to them instead of this use some alternate options.
Infiltration tactics of SWP Ransomware:
The most common method through which such kind of crypto-viruses enter into the targeted system is spam email campaign. And hence, you need to be very attentive while opening an email coming from the stranger. It may look authentic but contain bogus stuffs that are automatically dropped inside once you open the infected mail. Despite this, users infect computer with ransomware and other malware through fake updating tools, unofficial software activation tools, unreliable file download sources and Trojans. But at the moment, follow the simple steps given below and eliminate SWP Ransomware from the PC without wasting any time.
How to recover the affected files?
The best way one should tackle this situation is to scan the system with some powerful antivirus program and remove the infection SWP Ransomware from the machine. After removing it successfully, you should choose some authentic data recovery tools and try through it to retrieve the encrypted files. Remember, don’t ever try to restore the files without removing the infection from the PC, if you will do so you will be losing your crucial files.
Text presented in the pop-up window:
YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED
Don’t worry,you can return all your files!
If you want to restore them, follow this link:email [email protected] YOUR ID 1E857D00
If you have not been answered via the link within 12 hours, write to us by e-mail:[email protected]
Do not rename encrypted files.
Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss.
Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price (they add their fee to our) or you can become a victim of a scam.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘SWP Ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like SWP Ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Soution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for SWP Ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
SWP Ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove SWP Ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove SWP Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with SWP Ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to SWP Ransomware from machine.
Remove SWP Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of SWP Ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by SWP Ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by SWP Ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like SWP Ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by SWP Ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about SWP Ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by SWP Ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like SWP Ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by SWP Ransomware.
“ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by SWP Ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “ EaseUS Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files