Proper guide to delete WastedLocker Ransomware
WastedLocker Ransomware is described as ransomware type infections that are mainly designed to encrypt all your personal files available on your computer. This file virus is able to infect all types of files such as audios, videos, images, document and other important files and makes it totally unusable. This notorious malware infection can take your entire files hostage and there is only one way to gain the access of data back is buying the decryption key. It will silently enters into your system and locks down all your files.
After that, it will add its own malicious extensions to the end of every encrypted file and leave ransom note behind. The created ransom note contains instructions in order to demand ransom and all the necessary instructions to decrypt your files. This dubious WastedLocker Ransomware will demand huge ransom money in order to release your files. It is a tricky situation because you can lose all your files due to this nasty ransomware infection. They also inform user that the decryption key will only be stored in their servers for seven days and thus you should not delay in contacting them.
As a guarantee to recover encrypted data, they ask you to send one file and they restore them free but the size of file is not more than 1MB as well as do not contain any important information. The message further states that you are advised not to decrypt or rename encrypted files using third party software otherwise it may lead permanent data loss. Regrettably, there are no any tools available that can decrypt WastedLocker’s encryptions and restoring your data free of cost. Basically, only software used to encrypt file is capable of decrypting them.
How did ransomware infect my PC?
Developers behind this use various different methods to proliferate ransomware and other malware into the computer. Some of them are Trojans, spam campaigns, illegal activation tools, dubious download channels and many more. Among this, the most common methods used to distribute malware is spam campaigns. Cyber crooks behind this send deceptive emails that contain malicious files or attachments to the thousands of people by pretending it as legit and useful and insist users to open them. Once opened, infection process is initiated. So, due to all these reasons, you are advised to be very careful while opening any email attachments.
How to remove WastedLocker Ransomware and recover files?
To remove WastedLocker Ransomware, it is advised to immediately scan the PC with powerful antimalware removal tool. Once malware process completed, you can use the backup files that you created before the malware attack and placed it in some external storage devices. In case, if you don’t have any backup file in that situation you have to see whether “Shadow Volume Copies” (temporary backup created by OS for a short period of time) are available or also has been deleted. If both of the given options are not available, then the last way is to use powerful data recovery tool that has strong scanning algorithm and advanced programming logics.
Prevention tips to prevent malware attack:
The key to computer safety is carefulness you are advised not to open files or attachments that seem irrelevant or especially if the sender’s look suspicious. Opening such types of files might cause high risk malware or system infection. Illegal activation tools and third party updaters are advised not to use because they are mainly used to distribute malicious programs. For any software download, use only official websites and direct download links. While downloading, all pay close attention and select custom or advance options of the download/installation setups. It is important to update and activate products with the tools recommended by legitimate developers.
Remove WastedLocker Ransomware
Manual malware removal guide might be lengthy and complicated as it requires advanced technical skills to perform virus removal process. If you have much knowledge about such process then you can go through it. You can also use reliable antivirus removal tool that can remove WastedLocker Ransomware and all infiltrated malware easily and instantly from the system.
Name: WastedLocker Ransomware
Classification: Ransomware, Files-locker, Crypto-virus
File extensions: not determined
Ransom demanding note: not mentioned
Description: WastedLocker Ransomware is new strain of ransomware that throws scary ransom note on screen and demands victims to pay a specified ransom fee to criminals. This blackmail is actually used on basis of locking all important as well as personal files on computer.
Also known as: WastedLocker virus
Symptoms: All important files will get appended with new extension, your trial to access your files may return will fail, eruption of hectic ransom note on computer screen and so on.
Distribution methods: cyber criminal use various methods to intrude this infection into your system such as Trojans, fake updates, email spam, untrustworthy software download sources such as third party downloader, unofficial pages etc and so on.
Detection tool: See if your system has been affected by WastedLocker Ransomware, then we suggest you to use anti-malware removal tool such as Spyhunter. On the other hand, you can also go through given below article.
Data Recovery: In order to recover all encrypted files, users are advised to use backup if available. In case, backup files are not found then you can use data recovery tool/software.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘WastedLocker Ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like WastedLocker Ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Solution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for WastedLocker Ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
WastedLocker Ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove WastedLocker Ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove WastedLocker Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with WastedLocker Ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to WastedLocker Ransomware from machine.
Remove WastedLocker Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of WastedLocker Ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by WastedLocker Ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by WastedLocker Ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like WastedLocker Ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by WastedLocker Ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about WastedLocker Ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by WastedLocker Ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like WastedLocker Ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “Stellar Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by WastedLocker Ransomware.
“Stellar Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by WastedLocker Ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “Stellar Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “Stellar Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “Stellar Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “Stellar Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files