Immediate steps to delete .WEEK file virus
.WEEK file virus is notorious and dangerous file encrypting malware that has been specific created by hackers to make illegal money by phishing innocent users. The main purpose of this virus is to encrypt user’s crucial files and demand large of amount of ransom money in order to provide decryption key/tool. While encrypting, this malware uses strong encryption technology to locks down all stored files available on your desktop. After that, it appends all filenames by adding “.WEEK” extension and makes them totally useless. Due to all these reasons users are unable to access even single files to their previous states.
Name: .WEEK file virus
Type: Ransomware, Cryptovirus, Files-locker
Short Description: Encrypts files on your computer and extorts a ransom fee for their recovery.
Encrypted file extension: .WEEK
Symptoms: The ransomware will encrypt your files by appending the .WEEK extension to them, along with a unique identification number placing the new .WEEK extension as a secondary.
Distribution Method: Spam Emails, Email Attachments, malicious ads, torrent file downloads, pirated software, unsafe file sharing network and many more.
Damage: All files are encrypted and cannot be opened without paying money. Other additional malware infiltrated into your system along with ransomware infections.
Removal: Both manual as well as automatic removal instructions have been discussed below under this article.
Details about .WEEK file virus
As soon as file encrypting process is completed, .WEEK file virus leaves ransom note on your computer screen that inform you about decryption method and also provides payment details. The created ransom demanding message states users that all their files as well as data has been locked and can only be decrypted using private decryption tool. After contacting, they ask you to pay money in the form of Bitcoin cryptocurrency. Users are encouraged to pay money on the given time so that they can provide you such key.
Despite this, users are also instructed not to rename encrypted files using third party software as it may leads permanent data loss. Once your PC gets infected by .WEEK file virus you have no other choice rather than paying ransom money to the cyber criminals. According to researchers, there are other options that include removing this malware soon from the system. After deleting this malware completely, you can recover your data using your backup files or through any third party data recovery tool.
Is it safe to pay money to hackers?
This harmful ransomware infection force victims to pay ransom money in order to get back encrypted files. But in reality there is no any guarantee so it is not the right option to pay ransom to them and even make any contact with them. Their main intention is not to release your files after getting complete payment. Many of the victims have already got tricked by this file virus. So, it is highly advised not to pay a penny amount of money to them. In most cases it has already been seen that the key they provide may not work properly as well as also contain some dubious viruses.
How did ransomware infect my PC?
This nasty malware uses several different methods to invade inside your system. Some of the common methods are email spam campaigns, Trojans, fake software updating tools and unreliable software downloading channels. As soon as malicious programs invade inside, it will disable your antivirus and firewall security. Due to the presence of this virus, your desktop wallpaper will get changed with ransom image in order to tricked users. It is also possible that your financial as well as personal details can get hacked. So, you must avoid using all these dubious methods for downloading and installing software as well as also performing other online activities.
Remove .WEEK file virus
Complete guidelines of ransomware removal have been described below under this article in step by step manner. You are advised to go through it so that you will not found any trouble during removal process. You can also use Spyhunter and automatic malware removal tool that has the ability to remove .WEEK file virus easily and effectively from the system to prevent other ransomware attack.
Text presented in the displayed ransom note:
YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED
Don’t worry,you can return all your files!
If you want to restore them, follow this link:email [email protected] YOUR ID –
If you have not been answered via the link within 12 hours, write to us by e-mail:
Do not rename encrypted files.
Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss.
Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price (they add their fee to our) or you can become a victim of a scam.
And the text document called FILES ENCRYPTED.txt states:
all your data has been locked us
You want to return?
write email [email protected] or
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘.WEEK file virus’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like .WEEK file virus as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Solution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for .WEEK file virus removal and restore encrypted files
.WEEK file virus is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove .WEEK file virus and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove .WEEK file virus using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with .WEEK file virus infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to .WEEK file virus from machine.
Remove .WEEK file virus using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of .WEEK file virus. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by .WEEK file virus using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by .WEEK file virus, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like .WEEK file virus are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by .WEEK file virus using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about .WEEK file virus or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by .WEEK file virus or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like .WEEK file virus are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “Stellar Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by .WEEK file virus.
“Stellar Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by .WEEK file virus and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “Stellar Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “Stellar Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “Stellar Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “Stellar Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files