Simple guide to retrieve files from YUFL ransomware
YUFL ransomware is ransomware type infection belongs to Dharma family. The main aim of this malware is to encrypt all stored files and keep them in the same state until the ransom money is not paid. It can lock all type of files such as videos, audios, documents, excel, images and many others. This malware renames the files by adding users ID, cyber criminals email address and “.YUFL” extension.
This renders the data useless because the victims cannot access it or modify it in any way. After locking, a pop-up window would appear with instructions on what to do next to unlock your files. It also creates ransom note in text files “FILES ENCRYPTED.txt” and placed it on desktop which informs user about the encrypted files. This Cryptovirus is distributed via spam emails and their infected attachments.
Text presented in YUFL ransomware’s pop-up window:
YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED
Don’t worry,you can return all your files!
If you want to restore them, follow this link:email [email protected] YOUR ID C279F237
If you have not been answered via the link within 12 hours, write to us by e-mail:[email protected]
Do not rename encrypted files.
Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss.
Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price (they add their fee to our) or you can become a victim of a scam.
Detailed about YUFL ransomware
The created file informs users that all their files as well as data are locked. They also prescribe each user with a unique ID. YUFL ransomware developers are asking the owners of infected system to contact them by provided emails. Once contacted, they will provide you further instructions on how to pay money and where to pay.
Users are also advised not to alter the files by renaming them or by using any third party decryption software as this could lead to permanent data loss. Further, as a proof it offers free decryption of some encrypted files. Remember that files do not contain any valuable information and the size of file is not more than 1MB.
Regrettably, at the moment there is no other method available for unlocking files without paying money to the cyber criminals or using personal data backups. But we strongly recommend not to do so. In some cases, even after contacting cyber thieves or paying money no decryption key is given. Then you lose both files and your money.
Causes the installation of YUFL ransomware and Prevention tips:
The major causes for the installation of YUFL ransomware and various other malware are malspam campaigns, clicking on suspicious links, visiting pornographic sites etc. It is common that cyber crooks send emails that contain malicious attachments or download links for the malicious files to the recipients with the aim to opening them. Such types of files contain lots of infection which gets activated while you open it.
So, users are strongly advised not to open emails that are received from unrecognizable address. Such emails are often used by cyber criminals as tools to trick users into install malware on their system. In order to remove this dubious ransomware infection from PC, you are advised to go through automatic removal tool that has been provided under this article.
How to get back the encrypted files?
To restore all lost files, first of all users are advised to remove YUFL ransomware from computer by using powerful anti-malware software. This tool has the capability to eliminate infiltrated ransomware infection automatically from the system. Once malware gets removed, victims can easily get back their files by using backups. (It is advised to keep backups of all data before ransomware attack on a remote server like Cloud or unplugged storage device) If no backups are available, use alternative methods to restore your data.
Short description of YUFL ransomware:
Type: Ransomware, Crypto-virus, File locking virus
Encrypted file extensions: .YUFL
Ransom note: FILES ENCRYPTED.txt
Email ID used: [email protected]
Symptoms: files encrypted with malicious extension, ransom demanding message appears on your desktop. Cyber criminals demand ransom in the form of Bitcoin to unlock files.
Distribution methods: updating system software, clicking on malicious links, spam email attachments, unsafe file sharing networks, torrent websites, malicious ads and many more.
Damage: all kinds of targeted system and personal files including audios, videos, games, apps and so on.
Removal and Recovery: To recover files victims must need to scan the PC with anti-malware tool which delete all your files and remove infection. After that, they can recover their files from volume shadow copies if available, backup or third party data recovery software.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘YUFL ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like YUFL ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Solution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for YUFL ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
YUFL ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove YUFL ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove YUFL ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with YUFL ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to YUFL ransomware from machine.
Remove YUFL ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of YUFL ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by YUFL ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by YUFL ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like YUFL ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by YUFL ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about YUFL ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by YUFL ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like YUFL ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “Stellar Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by YUFL ransomware.
“Stellar Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by YUFL ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “Stellar Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “Stellar Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “Stellar Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “Stellar Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files