Easy guide to delete ZaLtOn ransomware
ZaLtOn ransomware is another member of Xorist ransomware family. Its aim is to encrypt user’s data by adding an extension “.ZaLtOn” to all non-system files such as photos, audios, videos and other personal files and makes totally useless. What’s more, it also changes desktop wallpaper of the infected computer and displays pop-up window with instructions on how to pay ransom, contact cyber criminals and so on. Once locking process completed, it creates ransom notes in text file HOW TO DECRYPT FILES.txt in all folders that contains encrypted data.
The created note explains victims that all their files are encrypted and the only way to get them back is to pay the required amount. ZaLtOn ransomware usually demands 0.3 to 2 Bitcoin to provide decryption software. Cyber criminals behind this ask users to transfer 0.11 Bitcoin to the provided BTC wallet address in order to purchase decryption key. After paying money, users are instructed to write them an email and wait until they provide decryption tools and instructions on how to use it.
Apart from this, users are also offered free decryption test of some encrypted files attached to their emails. The note ends with warnings. Users are warned not to decrypt files manually or rename them using third party software as it might results into permanent data damage. At present there are no any tools available that could release files encrypted by ZaLtOn ransomware. Simply said, ransomware type programs are designed to encrypt files and provide instructions on how to contact their developers, pay them a ransom and other details.
Threat summary of ZaLtOn ransomware:
Type: Ransomware, Crypto-virus
Ransom demanding message: HOW TO DECRYPT FILES.txt
Extension used: .ZaLtOn
Ransom amount: 0.11 of Bitcoin
Symptoms: Users cannot access files stored on their system as previously functional files have different extension. A ransom demanding message appears on your screen. Cyber crooks behind this ask you to pay money usually in Bitcoin cryptocurrency.
Distribution: malicious email attachments, malicious ads, torrent websites, harmful hyperlinks, software bundling, pirated or cracked software and other social engineering methods.
File Restore: File restoration is possible with a lately created backup file or Volume Shadow Copies if available or some other options that are discussed under this article.
Shall victims trust on the cyber criminals?
By going through the above details, we strongly recommend you not fulfill their demands. There is no any guarantee that after making complete payment the victims will recover their data. Instead of providing decryption tool, cyber criminals could send users some additional malware such as Trojans. Trojans are malicious programs that might gather their sensitive information like users password, logins etc and used for illegal purposes. It will also surely cheat your money and run away without unlocking your files. So, it is advised to remove ZaLtOn ransomware completely from the PC without wasting much time to avoid further encryptions.
Distribution methods of ZaLtOn ransomware:
This type of malware is distributed through various ways but the most common is while downloading anything from untrustworthy sources or opening spam email campaigns. Cyber scammers distribute malware through spam email campaigns through which they send emails that contains malicious attachments or download links for malicious files by pretending it as legitimate and important. When users open such files, they cause installation of malicious software.
Freeware download websites, unofficial pages, p2p sharing networks are example of sources that can be used as a tools to distribute malware. When recipients download and open them, they infect system with malware. Other sources of ransomware distribution are Trojans, unofficial software activation tools, downloading and installing pirated software, malicious links, pornographic websites and so on.
How to remove ZaLtOn ransomware and recover files?
Users can easily get back their files without paying money to the cyber criminals. In order to do so, you are advised to first of all remove ZaLtOn ransomware completely and safely from the computer by using reliable anti-malware removal tool. Once PC gets cleaned as well as malware gets removed, you can easily recover your files by using previous backup files (if found). In case, backup files are not available you can see whether “shadow volume copies” are available or also has been deleted. The last option is to use data recovery tool.
Text presented in ZaLtOn ransomware’s desktop wallpaper, pop-up window and “HOW TO DECRYPT FILES.txt” text file:
In your attention!!!
Hello, your server is very vulnerable, that’s why you became a victim of ransomware
All your files are currently encrypted
However, there is also good news, the files can be decrypted if you pay 0.11 bitcoin.
All you have to do is follow the steps below.
Buy 0.11 bitcoin, you can easily buy bitcoin from this sites:
Send the amount to this wallet: 17cvUD9uzYk3fsCZzGyKNZ3aSgnoSKU3X7
After sending, contact us at this email address: [email protected]
With this subject: –
ATTENTION!! we do not receive emails sent from gmail accounts
Immediately after this you will receive an email with the keys and a small tutorial for decrypting the files.
Here’s another list of where to buy bitcoin:
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘ZaLtOn ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like ZaLtOn ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Solution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for ZaLtOn ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
ZaLtOn ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove ZaLtOn ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove ZaLtOn ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with ZaLtOn ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to ZaLtOn ransomware from machine.
Remove ZaLtOn ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of ZaLtOn ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by ZaLtOn ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by ZaLtOn ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like ZaLtOn ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by ZaLtOn ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about ZaLtOn ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by ZaLtOn ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like ZaLtOn ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “Stellar Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by ZaLtOn ransomware.
“Stellar Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by ZaLtOn ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “Stellar Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “Stellar Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “Stellar Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “Stellar Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files