Files encrypted by ransomware: Delete Zida Ransomware (STOP/DJVU variants)
Zida Ransomware is also known as Zida virus that is a new variant of Djvu/STOP ransomware. It is described as harmful ransomware viruses that are specifically designed to encrypt files, changes their extensions, creates ransom notes and change desktop wallpaper. The main motive behind the creation of ransomware is to rename all encrypted files by adding “.zida” extensions to the end of their filenames and makes it totally unusable. Once encryption process completed, it creates ransom notes _readme.txt and dropped into compromised folders.
Further, the created ransom demanding message states victims that all their files as well as data have been encrypted and can only be unlocked by using decryption key which can be purchased from the cyber criminals. It provides an email ID belonging to the cyber criminals to contact the developers and get more details regarding the payment. It promises to reply within 6 hours otherwise users are asked to contact through alternate email ID. The price of recovery tool is stated as 980USD.
After that, users are encouraged to contact developers within 72 hours after encryption so the price will be halved and users have to pay only 490 USD. Before paying money, users are offered free test decryption by sending one encrypted files but does not contain any important information. Besides this, they also warn user to pat money within 7 days otherwise all your files will be deleted permanently and you cannot restore them anymore. However, we recommend you not to trust cyber criminals behind ransomware attack. Usually, they don’t provide tool to decrypt files once payments are submitted.
Text presented in Zida Ransomware’s text file (“_readme.txt”):
Don’t worry, you can return all your files!
All your files like photos, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key.
The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you.
This software will decrypt all your encrypted files.
What guarantees you have?
You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free.
But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information.
You can get and look video overview decrypt tool:
Price of private key and decrypt software is $980.
Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that’s price for you is $490.
Please note that you’ll never restore your data without payment.
Check your e-mail “Spam” or “Junk” folder if you don’t get answer more than 6 hours.
To get this software you need write on our e-mail:
Reserve e-mail address to contact us:
Your personal ID:
How did ransomware attack on computer?
Generally, Zida Ransomware developers use deceptive tricks to infiltrate into your system without your approval. Some of them are free third party software download sources, email spam campaigns, fake software updates and many more tricks. This file virus is mainly designed to cause infiltration of additional malware silently into your computer to create harmful problems. So, you must avoid clicking on any spam email which contain malicious attachments and present these attachments as important document. This way user get tricked into manual installation of malware.
Is there any way to recover lost files?
There is possibility that you can recover all your encrypted files without paying money to the hackers who is behind malware attack. To do so, first of all you are advised to remove Zida Ransomware completely from the system in order to prevent further encryptions by using reputable antivirus removal tool such as Spyhunter. After that you can restore your files by using backup, if created earlier before ransomware infection and was placed in different locations. As a rule, most of the users do not have backup file in that situation victims are advised not be worry and use third party data recovery tool in order to decrypt all encoded files.
How to avoid ransomware infections?
The main reason for PC infection are poor knowledge and reckless behavior of users so you are advised to be very careful while installing/updating any software as well as surfing online. Third party installer and other untrustworthy sources should not be used because it contain rogue programs. Moreover, you must install reputable antivirus suite and keep all programs updated to avoid harmful infections. Despite this, avoid opening email that seem irrelevant or especially comes from untrustworthy address. In order to remove Zida Ransomware and all infiltrated ransomware infections you are required to use Spyhunter to delete infiltrated file virus as soon as possible from the machine.
Name: Zida Ransomware
Type: Ransomware, Cryptovirus
Family: STOP (DJVU) Ransomware
Ransom note: _readme.txt
Ransom Amount: $490 to $980 (in Bitcoins)
Also known as: Zida virus
Description: This malware encrypts your files by adding .zida extension to the end of filenames and demand ransom to provide you decryption tool.
Symptoms: All important files will get appended with new extension, your trial to access your files may return will fail, eruption of hectic ransom note on computer screen and so on.
Distribution methods: cyber criminal use various methods to intrude this infection into your system such as Trojans, fake updates, email spam, untrustworthy software download sources such as third party downloader, unofficial pages etc and so on.
Detection tool: See if your system has been affected by Zida Ransomware, then we suggest you to use anti-malware removal tool such as Spyhunter. On the other hand, you can also go through given below article.
Data Recovery: In order to recover all encrypted files, users are advised to use backup if available. In case, backup files are not found then you can use data recovery tool/software.
Do You Suspect Your Computer May Be Infected with ‘Zida Ransomware’ & Other Threats? Scan Your Computer for Threats with SpyHunter
Spyhunter is a powerful malware remediation and protection tool designed to help provide users with in-depth system security analysis, detection and removal of a wide range of threats like Zida Ransomware as well as a one-on-one tech support service.
(Data Recovery Solution)
The first recommendation is to recover your encrypted data with backup files you have created. In case there is no backup available, try to restore your encrypted data with data recovery tool suggested here.
Recommended methods for Zida Ransomware removal and restore encrypted files
Zida Ransomware is very harmful crypto-malware designed to encrypt all types of files including photos, audios, videos, documents and other files, and make them inaccessible. After encryption process, it spreads the ransom note in each folder of your computer that claims the decryption is possible only when you use its data recovery service. We recommended you to please avoid paying demanded ransom money to them.
In that case, you need to remove Zida Ransomware and all the related components from PCs immediately and then perform data recovery process. Here, we are discussing about both malware removal and data recovery method that could help you to solve your problem. Ransomware removal method will help to find the location of this nasty crypto-malware in your computer and remove them completely while data recovery method will help you to get back your damaged or locked files in your machine. Let’s go for the solution.
Remove Zida Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Networking”
- Restart your PCs and press “F8” function key multiple times you see the “Advance Boot Options” window
- Select “Safe Mode with Networking” in the list
- Now, log in to account with Zida Ransomware infection
- Open your internet browser and download the legitimate anti-malware software. You can download “SpyHunter” anti-malware software that has the ability to delete all types of malware or spyware from machine.
- Update the anti-malware software and starts the “Full Scan” operation to remove all programs related to Zida Ransomware from machine.
Remove Zida Ransomware using “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and “System Restore”
- Restart your computer and press “F8” function key multiple times until “Windows Advance Options” menu appears
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” option in the list
- Now, type “cd restore” command in command Prompt and hit “Enter” key to execute it
- After that, type “rstrui.exe” command in command line and hit “Enter” key
- Once “rstrui.exe” command executed, “System Restore” window will appear
- Click on “Next” button
- Choose one of available “Restore Points” and click on “Next”
- In the confirmation dialog box, click on “Yes” to start “System Restore” process
- After restoring your computer to previous date, download/install and scan your computer with powerful anti-malware software to eliminate any remaining malicious programs related of Zida Ransomware. You can download the powerful antivirus software via “download link” below
Restore files encrypted by Zida Ransomware using “Windows Previous Versions” feature
To restore individual files encrypted by Zida Ransomware, follow the steps below:
- To restore a file, right-click on it and go to “Properties”
- Select the “Previous Versions” tab
- If the relevant files has a “Restore Point”, select it and click on “Restore” button
Note: This method is only effective if “System Restore” function was enabled on your Windows operating System. On other hand, some ransomware variants like Zida Ransomware are known to remove “Shadow Volume Copies” of the files. So, we can say that this method may not work for data recovery.
Restore files locked by Zida Ransomware using “Shadow Explorer”
To restore files, you can use “Shadow Explorer” application. This application allows you to browse the “Shadow Copies” created by Windows OS Shadow Copy Service. “Shadow Explorer” helps if you are unable of access the “Shadow Copies” by default especially in “Windows Home Editions”. Note that “Shadow Copies” can directly be accessed only in Business Ultimate and Enterprise versions.
“Shadow Explorer” provides Volume Shadow copy service and other features including retrieve all the variants of files and folders available, allow to access through shadow copies and show available current copies.
Important Note: This data recovery application is designed to decrypt or recover your files from Shadow copies which is created by “Windows Volume Shadow Copies Service”. But when we talk about Zida Ransomware or other harmful ransomware variants, it usually deletes “Shadow volume copies” and any other backup files using malicious tricks. So if System has already been infected with this type of ransomware virus, then you can’t access “Shadow Copies” using this software. Anyway, you can use “Shadow Explorer” if you want and please check if it works.
How to download/install and use “Shadow Explorer” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download the “Shadow Explorer” application
- Double-click on “Installer file” or “Downloaded ZIP file” to install this software
- Once installed, open “Shadow Explorer” as Administrator
- Now, from the drop down list you can select from one of the available point-in-time Shadow copies
- You can right-click on any file or folder and export it
- After that, choose a folder where the files from “Shadow Copies” are saved to
- In case if a file or folder in the destination folder already exists, “Shadow Explorer” asks for the confirmation before overwriting. Check the box “Do not show this dialog again”, if you don’t want to show this again.
- There is a button in the settings (File, Settings) to reset this decision
Recovery of files encrypted by Zida Ransomware or similar ransomware
If you are unable to recover your lost files by using “System Restore”, “Windows Previous versions features” and “Shadow Explorer”, then you can go for another data recovery solution. As said earlier in most of the cases, ransomware variants like Zida Ransomware are capable of deleting “Shadow volume copies” created by Windows OS by default. In this case, you can use “Stellar Data Recovery Software”. This powerful data recovery software is designed to recover all files encrypted by Zida Ransomware.
“Stellar Data Recovery Software” is user-friendly software for Windows and Mac OS X based devices that features include RAID and Virtual drive recovery and repairing all types of corrupted files. It works with both non-bootable and encrypted drives. In simple word, we can say that this powerful data recover software does great job.
This powerful recovery software takes less time to recover files locked by Zida Ransomware and support all known files type and custom types can be added with advanced options menu. “Stellar Data Recovery Software” recovers emails, photos, audios, videos, documents and etc from any storage media devices like hard drives, SSD, DVD, USB drives, and others
On other hand, it recovers crucial data from missing or deleted partitions of hard drive volume in just few steps. It generates a preview of search results during scan so you get to see all the recoverable files before recovery. This preview result appears on screen in “Tree-View” and deleted list formats.
How to download/install and use “Stellar Data Recovery Software” on Windows PCs?
- Click on “Download” button below to download “Stellar Data Recovery Software” in your computer
- Double-click on “Installer file” to install the application
- Once installed, open “Stellar Data Recovery Software”
- Select type of data you want to recover. Option: All Data, Office Documents, Folders, Emails, Audios and Videos. And then click on “Next”
- Now, select he folder location, drive or volume you want to scan for data and click on “Scan”
- Wait for the completion. Once done, select the files and click on “Recover” button to save your recover files